Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,600,462 times

Advertisements

Greetings fellow Texans...

I was just reading today about something else (I lose track of it over the years, as to exactly what it was) that was bad for "our" health...

Seems like sterilized spinach or tofu is the only thing one can eat, anymore.

Well...today, reading the article, I just rebelled for sure and thought...to hell with it all. I will eat red meat until it pisses off all the PETA people and greeezy bacon and fried eggs until the birds come home to roost...

Also, I like fried balony, viener sausages, sardines, potato chips dipped in pickle juice, sharp cheddar cheeze "sweating" its own and pok' skins with hotsauce and ever' other freakin thing not good for me...

And fried okra, by gawd...and a Texas chicken fried steak smothered with white cream gravy to the point it is ridiculous....

So now then... *grumble grumble*

What do y'all love that will kill ya' deader than hell, but would like to go out eatin' it..."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 03:42 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
Cigarettes, beer, grease, salt and peppers. If what I eat ain't got those, I ain't eatin' 'em.

Screw vegetables (except pinto beans, potatoes and corn) or fruit. That's WAAYYY too healthy for me!

Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,600,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Cigarettes, beer, grease, salt and peppers. If what I eat ain't got those, I ain't eatin' 'em.

Screw vegetables (except pinto beans, potatoes and corn) or fruit. That's WAAYYY too healthy for me!

LOL

There ya go, fellow Texan...

If the veggie is "crisp" then send it back to pot. Green beans need to have bacon-grease in 'em and not "snap" when you eat 'em.

And I did fergit to mention hot cornbread smothered and slopped up in REAL butter?

Comfort food...by gawd....

Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,491,150 times
<<What do y'all love that will kill ya' deader than hell, but would like to go out eatin' it..." >>

I'm a pretty healthy eater. I like tofu. LOL. But I will never give up bacon!

Old 11-01-2009, 05:32 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,916,316 times
No self-respecting TRUE TEXAN would ever profess to being a vegan. And if you're steak ain't so pink it's oozing , then it's overdone!

Old 11-02-2009, 01:02 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
I love all-you-can-eat fried catfish, chicken fried steak, medium rare steak, BBQ, powdered mini-donuts, Snickers and Burtterfingers bars, dark M&Ms, eggs with bacon or Jimmy Dean Sage sausage and pancakes, and gin tonics. I'm 63 and still motorcycle riding, too. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
And if you're steak ain't so pink it's oozing , then it's overdone!

Cut off it's horns, drag it's butt across the fire and bring it to me.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:11 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,629,527 times
I grew up with granny keeping a small ceramic urn on the stove top. We had bacon and eggs fried in bacon grease every AM along with a pan of biscuits. Then every veg cooked on the stove top a slopping spoonful of bacon grease (from the urn on the stove top) as a flavoring. And her country cooking was awesome. Grandma only lived to be 91 but her mother . who taught her to cook, made 104 and 10 months. Both succumbed after falling and breaking hips.

Randy, everything you listed is on my favs list except the potatoe chips in pickle juice (my Cannuck wife loves the vinnegar flavors though). The sardines are actually good for you ... might want to remove them from your list. I also love shrimp (cholesterol) and have eaten a tom of them. Love em fried most too! Might add redeye gravy (fried ham drippings) to your list.

Ribeyes ... worst cut on the cow for you and my favorite. Best cuts (considering fat content) are NY strips and filets!

Good post ... I'm hungry now.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:13 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
What're the four college food groups?

Nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, and cholesterol.

*grin*

Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,706,752 times
No pics in this thread?! What's da matta wit ya'll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas