Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,510 times

Advertisements

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected by this terrible tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,700 times
I don't know what it is about Central Texas and mass killings, but does everybody realize that this is like the 3rd occurrence in less than 45 years? 4 if you count the Waco Siege.

Yesterday's incident happened less than 10 miles away from the Luby's massacre of the early 90s.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:37 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
It breaks my heart hearing about this tragic loss of life for no reason. It's bad enough that our fine Men and Women of the Armed Forces have to face death every day on the battlefront. When it happens on home turf and at the hands of someone they thought was one of their own... words fail me.

To the families of the fallen and those that are injured, my heart goes out to you all.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:46 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
I don't know what it is about Central Texas and mass killings, but does everybody realize that this is like the 3rd occurrence in less than 45 years? 4 if you count the Waco Siege.

Yesterday's incident happened less than 10 miles away from the Luby's massacre of the early 90s.
Is the third incident referring to Charles Whitman, the Texas Tower shooter?

This guy with such a background should have been stopped and these senseless killings would never have happened. My prayers go out to the families of the fallen. May God comfort you in your sorrow.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:10 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

PC is going to kill this country...literally...

Old 11-07-2009, 08:17 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

PC is going to kill this country...literally...
Yep. Already in the process, too. There were apparently quite a few red flags, too.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
I just want to acknowledge one of our very own here from C-D.com--NOTAM. She is a nurse up there in Ft. Hood who spent a very long day there recovering our soldiers who were used as target practice. God bless her and others like her at the Ft. Hood Army hospital who took care of these soldiers in the aftermath of this tragedy. If you see her posting--give her a rep!!

Old 11-08-2009, 04:23 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Is the third incident referring to Charles Whitman, the Texas Tower shooter?

This guy with such a background should have been stopped and these senseless killings would never have happened. My prayers go out to the families of the fallen. May God comfort you in your sorrow.
that maybe the 1st. The 2nd was the Waco branch dividian thing in 1993. The third was Luby's in 1991 and I was living in Killeen when that happened. It took a good 6 months for the city to recover after that happened. Now this event is the 4th. This is the 2nd time in 20 years the Killeen area has had a mass murder event. It really is devastating to hear this. I have family and friends on base. Was shocked to hear about this and my heart goes out to them.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times
News,

Army chaplain seeks prayers for Fort Hood shooter.

Army chaplain seeks prayers for Fort Hood shooter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muslim Mafia Booster Rep. Myrick: I'm On The Hasan Case

Muslim Mafia Booster Rep. Myrick: I'm On The Hasan Case | TPMMuckraker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack on Fort Hood: Faces of the Victims

Attack on Fort Hood: Who Were the Victims? - ABC News

Last edited by 2goldens; 11-09-2009 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics

Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,838,690 times
U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan tried to make contact with people linked to al Qaeda.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

Fort Hood Shooter Tried to Contact al Qaeda Terrorists, Officials Say - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas