Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 AM

13 posts, read 64,547 times

Advertisements

My house in Salado has been on the market for 90 days now, no offers!!! We have lowered the price 2 times. It has been showing about once a week but still no offers. We had to move out of state for our jobs and I keep seeing all these good deals on homes out here pass me by. My kids miss their toys that are in storage and they keep asking when they will get their own rooms. I feel so bad for them! We are all in limbo and just want to get on with our lives. Now I'm worried that we won't be in our new home by Christmas. This sucks! Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracottapie View Post
My house in Salado has been on the market for 90 days now, no offers!!! We have lowered the price 2 times. It has been showing about once a week but still no offers. We had to move out of state for our jobs and I keep seeing all these good deals on homes out here pass me by. My kids miss their toys that are in storage and they keep asking when they will get their own rooms. I feel so bad for them! We are all in limbo and just want to get on with our lives. Now I'm worried that we won't be in our new home by Christmas. This sucks! Anyone have any suggestions?
Wish I could offer some encouragment but it's tough to sell a moderately priced home now. My home was a regular 3-bedroom, 2-bath, attached garage in a nice neighborhood. I had several offers but never completed a sale because the folks couldn't get financing. Those who were interested in my home were just average folks and the banks have increased their lending requirements substantially. Now, with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac being bailed out, well....

If your home is in an upscale neighborhood and would appeal to the well-off who can put down big downpayments and will have no trouble getting financing, you'll probably be OK. If it's not, well, you may have to sit tight for a while.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:19 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,383,801 times
i sent you a direct message regarding this.
one of your options is owner financing.
there are alot of folks like me who make very good money (i am an RN, which means my income is unlimited, only limited by how much energy i have to work) but cant qualify for mortgages...even though i can afford $800/mo. rent and more and electric bills ovr $300....but they look at credit scores, and there are folks like me who have had dings due to divorce debts or what have you......so then, people like us are forced to just throw money out the window in rent, instead of gaining equity.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:41 PM

36 posts, read 89,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracottapie View Post

Have you sold your house yet? If not, send me a private email, we are looking for a place to retire down near Austin...we like Salado. John

Old 11-19-2009, 06:36 PM

13 posts, read 28,422 times
I am in the same boat you are in and we are also going on 90 days. I have a great place on 9.8 acres priced very low and we are not even getting people to look at it. We live north of Liberty Hill in a growing area. In fact we cannot sell until ours is sold because our bank has told us that we must live in the house while we have a loan with them, and we cannot do owner financing. This has cost me several jobs from out of state. I have been unemployed for 4 months now and with all of this going on my wife and I both have been getting depressed over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas