Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:10 PM

412 posts, read 1,752,243 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering, because I have always loved the weather form late fall to early spring but the heat for me is unbearable. I have lived in Texas almost my whole life and I really can't take it . Right now, it is just perfect for me . I love everything about it here accept for the weather and just a few stubborn hard heads that live here. Last Summer I even left, I rented a house in Aspen from June 1st to July 4th and a apartment in San Francisco from July 4th to August 28th.
Also, is there anyone else that loves Texas and can't take the heat like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 07:36 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,761 times
I love the weather in Texas, especially the heat. I was born in the Caribbean where it is warm all year long with two seasons, wet and dry. I know it does get cold in Dallas but from what I understand it does not get unbearably cold. Other than that, I would prefer Texas weather all year round as opposed to Oklahoma.

Oklahoma's summers are similar to Texas, the tremendous heat and it really does not bother me. I just take my necessary precautions and I keep it going. I just do not like Oklahoma winters. They are too cold, the snow, the ice, the wind, the rain, the grey days with no sunshine. They are too much for me.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Well almost any place has its drawbacks. Moving to different palces is the way to go between seasons to me really.I really don't like the summer heat but I hate the cold like ot gets in many places. My people are from PA. and even in the summer it was too cold for me to swim and things even in the summer except for the mid afternoon. I can take the three months of real heat for the fall and winter inmost of Texas.When I was in Colorado the months pf mid june thru late ju but once oit got to sept you never knew. ly were fine. Just about evryone I knew left for the dead of winter after living there for awhile except thoise in the ski areas. As far as swimming it had to be a heated pool as the waters are cold even in the summer coming from the mountains.About the only place I have eben that is prefect years round to me is the san diedgo area but the area is not to my taste nowdays really.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:26 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,426,799 times
Lived in Texas all my life, absolutely hate it. Very much looking forward to the day when I can get out and go somewhere with real seasons.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Texdav, thank you for your input. That is kinda how I feel but about the heat not the cold.

getmeoutofhere, I feel like that alot so I just rent a place somewhere else for a few months until I get homesick and then I come back. I understand that many people can't do this for financial reasons and the fact that moving is hard (like if you have kids or you are elderly) but I am young and my great grandfather left me a very very large trust fund, it also happens I am not the only one in my family to do this that, my cousins do the same thing.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,383,801 times
very very large trust fund....i can help you spend it ha ha...if i had your trust fund, i would spend summers on North Shore Kaua'i. (Hanalei Bay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
Texdav, thank you for your input. That is kinda how I feel but about the heat not the cold.

getmeoutofhere, I feel like that alot so I just rent a place somewhere else for a few months until I get homesick and then I come back. I understand that many people can't do this for financial reasons and the fact that moving is hard (like if you have kids or you are elderly) but I am young and my great grandfather left me a very very large trust fund, it also happens I am not the only one in my family to do this that, my cousins do the same thing.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:02 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
I hate the heat but I figure that two months of high heat (in West Texas) isn't bad considering that I love the other 10 months of the year, LOL. Every place has something to endure.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
very very large trust fund....i can help you spend it ha ha...if i had your trust fund, i would spend summers on North Shore Kaua'i. (Hanalei Bay)
Yes, I have been there. I prefer Windmere, Eluthera Island, I rent a house there in December.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:06 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times
This morning it's in the 40s, my doors and windows are wide open, and the weather is terrific. I must say though that from mid-May to early October, I do not care for the weather because it is too hot.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,288,113 times
I don't like the extreme heat either and neither does my daughter. I understand that alot of Texans over the years have moved to CO for that reason. I don't like the dryness of the air in CO, though, I like a little more humidity like we have here. I guess you have to put up with some negatives most anywhere you live but it's not enough for me to up and leave the state entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas