Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 PM

4 posts, read 6,015 times

Advertisements

Ok, i have some questions for anybody that can help!! I need info about the area between Laskey Rd and Alexis Rd specifically bordering Jackman Rd with the emphasis on a closer radius to Alexis Rd, asap! I am not from Toledo and i am looking at a couple homes for rent in that specific area. I was told West Toledo was safe but would this be considered West Toledo? Is anybody familiar with this general area? I have tried to look up crime stats and it all seems so vague and i am never sure if it's up to date. I am mostly concerned about home burglary/invasions. I have a HUGE fear of being the victim of a home invasion, so much so the fear keeps me from sleeping at night. I am a single woman with no dogs and i just need honest replies on how safe this area is. When i drove by the neighborhood it seemed ok.

Any fast help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 AM

896 posts, read 1,855,088 times
Im familiar with just about every area of metro Toledo and I happen to live just south of where youre talking about, south of Laskey between Jackman and Lewis.

The residential streets where you're looking are fairly safe still. Burglary in the general area, honestly most of the city, is a legitimate concern so you cant be ignorant to it, especially around here, but this isn't the ghetto or anything. Just have to be aware and proactive. Most of the crime in the northern portions of west Toledo tends to be along the main roads like Alexis, around the cheaper apartment complexes or outside of businesses. Most of the side streets in the residential neighborhoods are safe with occasional break ins being the primary issue.

It's not exactly Mayberry here, but its no gang infested 'hood either.

Good luck and feel free to ask anything!

Old 10-16-2013, 06:59 PM

911 posts, read 2,600,924 times
i live where ur talking about, its actually pretty quiet if you dont count the idiots on motorcycles 24/7 over here.

only bad side is theres no curbs or sidewalks in the area between laskey and alexis on the side streets and the creek borders all driveways.

just show activity at your home and dont leave things unlocked.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:58 PM

Thanks guys for answering guys Anybody else??

Old 10-26-2013, 08:59 PM

I am so worried about home invasions, the violent kind. I am buying a gun and learning how to shoot. I feel that (even though it's rare) at least i'd have a fighting chance if somebody did break in my home with the intent to harm me. I always say even when things are unlikely to happen somebody is always that one unlucky one.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:16 PM

896 posts, read 1,855,088 times
Although the odds are that you probably won't ever need to even pull said gun, just having one might be a good investment, especially if you can't install a security system due to renting (i have no idea what landlords policies are on that type of thing).

Like we both said though. The area you're looking at isn't very bad at all. Just keep your wits about you and be aware of your surroundings (which applies to anywhere you go in the Toledo area honestly). Toledo has a negative reputation often when it comes to crime but I honestly feel that there are more good areas than bad in the city.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 PM

Thanks, i really appreciate your feedback!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:09 AM

18 posts, read 31,641 times
Sylvania is a nice area to live, one of the first towns south of the Michigan border (on US-23), pretty safe, 5-8 minutes north of Toledo, easy access to interstates such as US-23, 475, and 75.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
View detailed profiles of: