Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 08:57 AM

527 posts, read 2,168,853 times

Advertisements

I am planning a day at the Toledo Zoo with my family this saturday. I am looking for options to get discounted tickets. The only options we can probably look for are either some online discount or kroger stores for discount tickets.
Can anyone tell me what kind of discount the kroger stores offer for the toledo zoo tickets? Online I see we can get $1 off per tickets but if I can do better (without much inconvenience) at kroger, we would opt for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 03:05 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
I have a membership so am not familiar with the discounts for out of towners at Kroger. But I'm going there this evening to get some tickets for a concert and I'll try to remember to ask for you.

But wanted to mention, I know if you are a member of another zoo that you can get a discounted rate. Prior to moving back to Toledo, I lived down south and was a zoo member there and I got 50% off the Toledo Zoo due to my membership in the other state.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I have a membership so am not familiar with the discounts for out of towners at Kroger. But I'm going there this evening to get some tickets for a concert and I'll try to remember to ask for you.

But wanted to mention, I know if you are a member of another zoo that you can get a discounted rate. Prior to moving back to Toledo, I lived down south and was a zoo member there and I got 50% off the Toledo Zoo due to my membership in the other state.
Hey thanks for that. I am not a member of any other zoo or even AAA so the only discounts I can hope for is either buying online which gives me $1 off or getting ticket from Kroger if it is more than $1 off (and is not off the way for me). If nothing works, I will just buy the ticket online.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Luckily when I went in Kroger last night, they had a sign right at the ticket desk for zoo tickets so it reminded me to get the rates for you lol.

Kroger rates are:

$16 - adult admission
$13 - child or senior admission (ages 2-11 or 60+)

Regular adult price is $20 and regular child/senior price is $17 so Kroger will save you more than $1.

Not sure where you'll be staying, but there is actually a Kroger store right down the street and to the right of the zoo on Glendale Ave that you could get tickets from before going.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Luckily when I went in Kroger last night, they had a sign right at the ticket desk for zoo tickets so it reminded me to get the rates for you lol.

Kroger rates are:

$16 - adult admission
$13 - child or senior admission (ages 2-11 or 60+)

Regular adult price is $20 and regular child/senior price is $17 so Kroger will save you more than $1.

Not sure where you'll be staying, but there is actually a Kroger store right down the street and to the right of the zoo on Glendale Ave that you could get tickets from before going.

Thanks a lot for this. I will check where the kroger nearest to the zoo is and decide whether to get the ticket online or get from kroger. Thanks again. I am not really staying anywhere. I am coming from Sidney, which is 112 miles south of Toledo and after our zoo excursion, we will be going north to Michigan to our relative's home (1 Hour drive).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
View detailed profiles of: