Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,789 times

Advertisements

:My family and I are thinking of spending christmas in toronto. Can anybody tell me a good place to stay, that is conveniently located to shopping, restaurants, other activities? What is there to do around toronto during that time of year? Is toronto expensive? How is the weather during this time? I am not shy when it comes to cold weather, but would like to know does it snow all the time( I want a white christmas). What are some things to do for a 2 year old very active toddler. Please feel free to add as much information as possible.
thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 PM

148 posts, read 877,038 times
Hey... I don't live in Toronto. But I know that a white xmas in Toronto will be a toss up. There's chances it could be all green, as well as chances the ground is covered, depends on the year.

I wouldn't call Toronto "expensive". I don't know where you are from, but you can think about skating, however once again this will be a toss up with the weather.

Too bad I can't help you out much more, it's not really my city.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
chica,

I hate to burst your bubble, but the odds of having a white Christmas in Toronto are only about 50/50. Free public skating will definitely be available on the outdoor ice surface at Nathan Phillip's Square right in front of city hall.

That being said, Toronto is a very large city with a ton of stuff to see and do.

Toronto can be a pig to drive in at the best of times, but out-of-towners can find it particularly challenging. Parking in the downtown core is sometimes difficult to find and always pricey. A great alternative is to find a hotel in the downtown area and make use of the excellent and extensive subway/bus system known as the TTC. Investigate the possibility of family, day, holiday discount passes for the TTC.

The downtown area offers the Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario, while the Ontario Science Center at Don Mills and Eglinton is particularly suited to kids of all ages.

The Eaton Center is a very large mall located in the downtown core. Another shopping option is Yorkdale Mall located in the north end of the city, but accessable by public transit.

A visit to tourismtoronto.com will likely help.

There are plenty of hotels in the downtown area, and their prices vary greatly. The perfect hotel for you depends on your budget and your expectations. I'd advise doing a little research on Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor .

Restaurants abound in Toronto. You can literally sample any cuisine you wish.

If you'd like personal reccomendations, please PM me.

Have you considered Ottawa as an alternative? There is a greater chance of snow on the ground, and the Nation's Capital offers numerous national museums.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:41 PM

9 posts, read 97,696 times
Lived in Toronto - visited Ottawa and Quebec City in winter. Would recommend a resort north of Toronto (and hope for snow) or better yet, would also recommend Ottawa. Quebec City could be a good bet too! Lots to do in both those places in winter

Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 PM

64 posts, read 204,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
chica,

Free public skating will definitely be available on the outdoor ice surface at Nathan Phillip's Square right in front of city hall.

No it won't.

It just got cut by David Miller and his cronies in the cutbacks.

No New Years skate this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto