Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 3,097 times

Advertisements

Are there any notable fall attractions in the city during this time of the year? Going to be in town for a weekend/extended weekend mid October.

Thinking on staying downtown - any suggestions?

Also is it worth renting a car? (not sure what the public transportation situation is like)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 PM

984 posts, read 2,712,476 times
Was going to link the Rush concert... but figured with your user name that is why you are visiting..

Lots of small things using this search http://wx.toronto.ca/festevents.nsf/Search?Openform but nothing major

Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
I went to school with Geddy Lee's brother.

I personally think the best thing to do in Toronto in Oct. is to get in a car and drive out of town to look at the leaves. Try the Kleinburg, Caledon, Bolton or Orangeville areas.

Fall in Ontario is the best!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I went to school with Geddy Lee's brother.

I personally think the best thing to do in Toronto in Oct. is to get in a car and drive out of town to look at the leaves. Try the Kleinburg, Caledon, Bolton or Orangeville areas.

Fall in Ontario is the best!
Agree.
I believe October is probably the most beautiful month here in Southern Ontario. Most people somehow love to travel in the summer, which I don't understand. Two years ago I visited Ottawa in Oct and it is waaaaay more beautiful than in July

Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
You certainly wont need a car if you stay in downtown Toronto as public transit will take you to all the usual tourist destinations, if you did have a car you could explore Niagara's wine growing region,take a ride up to Georgian Bay or the Muskoka area or an hour west of Toronto the Kitchener/Waterloo area for N.Americas biggest Octoberfest.
Kitchener Waterloo Oktoberfest

If its just Toronto theres just too much to list as to what to do.
Google

When i'm there i usually enjoy going to the Science Center, and usually a culinary visit to China Town, a long walk along the beaches or sometimes out to the Toronto Islands.I've yet to go up the CN tower as $30 a head makes it one expensive tour,i usually end up at the SteamWhistle brewery right next door..
Steam Whistle Brewing - Canada's Premium Pilsner

Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 AM

20 posts, read 66,686 times
I play tennis with geddy lee in toronto. He's good friends with my neighbour

Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 3,097 times
Thanks for the info so far...Noticed the Leafs have their season opener against the Canadiens while I'll be in town. Can't imagine what those tickets will be going for.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:12 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,180,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguycorey View Post
I play tennis with geddy lee in toronto. He's good friends with my neighbour
Haha it seems like all Canadians know each other. I talked to a guy in Parry Sound who was the lawyer for Tim Horton's widow.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:40 PM

984 posts, read 2,712,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Haha it seems like all Canadians know each other. I talked to a guy in Parry Sound who was the lawyer for Tim Horton's widow.
Any Canadian who has traveled to the US has likely run into an American who knows someone in Canada and starts giving you details assuming you know them...

I like to play along and then make up some crazy story about their friend being arrested..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto