Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 11:12 AM

868 posts, read 1,122,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourist View Post
Real tweets, this guy has 550k audience (largest among MSM hosts):
Listen Tourist, I really don't give a rat's arse about this guy. I don't particularly care for him, but calls for his deportation are ridiculous. He has done nothing wrong and like any human being has the right to be outraged by what happened at Sandy Hook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 11:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
NEWSFLASH: Canada is a sick society!
Why is Canada so soft on crime?

This guy killed his kids by stabbing his 5 year old son 20 times and his 3 year old girl 19 times.. painful deaths in 2009 and he's now walking free after 46 months. He does NOT have a criminal record and conceivably get his medical licenses (again).
Canadian child-killer's release draws outrage - CNN.com

Come all yeah who want to commnit heinous murder.. come north to Canada.. you'll be free soon enough!!!! <-- sarcasm.

I am disgusted.
Save your disgust; you'll need all you can muster:

Violence in America - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Violent crime jumps 18 percent in 2011, first rise in nearly 20 years | Fox News

Top 10 Evil Children - Listverse

Very strange how you only ascribe heinous murder to your fellow countrymen with "come north to Canada". Are you actually saying we don't have anyone capable of heinous murder up here?

Old 12-25-2012, 11:27 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Save your disgust; you'll need all you can muster:

Violence in America - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Violent crime jumps 18 percent in 2011, first rise in nearly 20 years | Fox News

Top 10 Evil Children - Listverse

Very strange how you only ascribe heinous murder to your fellow countrymen with "come north to Canada". Are you actually saying we don't have anyone capable of heinous murder up here?
you do know I was being sarcastic. I was practicing mock outrage, much like the OP. LOL.

oh wait.. let me play:

No we Canadians are much too polite to commit heinous murder. I mean we have to say "please may I stab you" prior to the first cut and "sooory" after every stabbing.. it would delay the deed and allow victims the opportunity to escape (apologising as they escaped).

Signed, a former resident of post code m2j 1g3 who misses Swiss Chalet sauce, Timmy's Dutchies (you can't get it south of the border), and butter tarts

Last edited by minibrings; 12-25-2012 at 11:35 AM..

Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
It is also possible to own handguns in Canada should you desire with strict controls of that ownership in place. Application process is convoluted, ownership is limited to Sporting Range use only, permit for transport of weapon to and fro range is required.

How can you use a handgun for hunting if use is limited to sporting range?

Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
He's got the freedom of speech to say what he wants and those who disagree with him have the freedom of expression to show their displeasure with it.

Sounds like censorship of free speech to me, expressing your views and venting displeasure at what Mr Morgan had to say is one thing,organizing a petition of at this point 35000 people setting the wheels in motion to get Mr Morgan deported is something else entirely...

Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM

45 posts, read 66,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailL2007 View Post
Yes, US is full of sickos.
It's never good to make generalizations.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:51 AM

868 posts, read 1,122,238 times
Since this was posted in the Toronto forum, I must say I've never even been to Toronto or Canada! I found this thread by accident.

The only other thing I'll say here is that I hope the deaths of those children don't prove to be in vain and that changes are made to both the control of firearms and better mental health screening.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:06 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
Quote:
Piers Morgan having a petition being circulated to deport him because of his stated opinion seems to fly in the face of all of that freedom of expression stuff your country places such value on in public forums.

Doesn't the fact that you're not defending his right to express his opinion regardless if you agree with it or not cause you some degree of concern when this whole thread is premised on the value of rights as mentioned in your Constitution? I guess the mention of anything contrary to what is perceived as that 2nd Amendments interpretation trumps the freedoms as mentioned in the 1st Amendment.

Your founding fathers would be very proud.
Yes, you got it right. It's freedom of speech American way: Get rid of you if have a different point of view.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,661,614 times
We're not all like that.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 PM

218 posts, read 510,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Yes, you got it right. It's freedom of speech American way: Get rid of you if have a different point of view.
Somebody has trouble understanding the line between point of view expressed with the 1st Amendment rights and public calls and propaganda on national TV against the U.S. Bill of Rights basics.

Do you understand the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto