Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM

247 posts, read 354,431 times

Advertisements

I'm darkskin Black woman and not mixed looking at all. I heard that in Toronto there are a lot of beautiful biracial looking black women. Will I stand a chance finding a man out here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times
Jesus christ...

Old 04-20-2013, 02:22 PM

277 posts, read 786,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
I'm darkskin Black woman and not mixed looking at all. I heard that in Toronto there are a lot of beautiful biracial looking black women. Will I stand a chance finding a man out here?
Absolutely, 100%

Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 PM

684 posts, read 1,122,519 times
No. You are the least desirable sub-type.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:24 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:

Will it be hard for a darkskinned Black woman to date out in Toronto?

Hi. I thought your question was a curious one so I did a quick review of your other 204 posts on CD. I discovered that in nearly all of your posts you are indicating how angry and depressed you are because you have very dark skin, that you compare yourself with people of lighter color, that you equate beauty and social status with light color and that you've been bleaching your skin since you were a teenager and are still not happy with the results.

It reminded me of young girls and women who have anorexia disorder and will never be happy with their weight no matter how much weight they lose and how skinny and skeletal they are.

True beauty is only skin deep and that beauty is the beauty that lies under the skin, not on the surface. Under the circumstances of you being obsessed with the darkness of your skin which you cannot change to a lighter color and you not being able to get beyond color I think that no matter what town you are in you will have difficulties getting involved in a meaningful relationship. There are many women who are as ugly as sin but are still in good relationships because they aren't obsessed with surface appearances and they allow the beauty within themselves to shine out and light up their lives. I think most men want women who are happy, confident and accepting of themselves the way they are naturally and that you need to focus on whatever beauty you have within yourself instead of focusing on your surface appearance.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,823 times
Yeah, I've read some of your other posts and I think you might have some characteristics with body dysmorphic disorder. Maybe within your community light skin is prized above dark skin, but there are many places where black is beautiful. Look at the Dinka people of Southern Sudan - they are perhaps the darkest-skinned women in Africa and they are absolutely beautiful. Because beauty has nothing to do with skin color or shade - it's about a smile, a laugh, a friendly glance, a look of sympathy or empathy, or tenderness. Beauty is so much role than skin color and you need to move somewhere and find a community where people value you for more than than the shade of your skin. From what I know, sometimes this pathological distaste for blackness is actually stronger in the black community than in the white one.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 PM

33 posts, read 106,989 times
Quote:

If Wesley Snipes could find love in Hollywood then YOU will love in TORONTO!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM

362 posts, read 794,748 times
Are you all the same people, I swaer I saw like 3 other post by dark skinned black women quesitoning/complaining about there sexual lives. This is strange because I don't see indian/chinese/ latin/ philipinas or any other women doing this. Maybe your problem.

I think zoisite is right. If you are all obsessed about your dark skinnedness and probably missing opportunities around you.

I also agree with tokidd, I have yet to see any of the black or white posters here who are male write about a specific distaste for dark skinn black women. So it seems you are the biggest perpetuator of your own problem.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:40 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,560 times
The OP's posts would be funny if they weren't so sad.

I went back and read some after ToKidd's comment.
In one post the OP wrote: 'I don't like my West African bone structure at all. I was hoping there would be surgery that could make my head shape look less African. does this exist?'

Old 06-21-2013, 05:46 PM

362 posts, read 794,748 times
Well yes she could get a head surgery but she could die if there are complications or if she gets infection and she better be rich because even rich americans like michael jackson never seem to be able to get a good nose job never mind facial reconstruction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto