Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 AM

21 posts, read 175,508 times

Advertisements

ive just got home from a night out in toronto and im actually really sad.. it was worse than i thought, maybe the worst ive ever been.. i dont know if the problem is the club or the nightlife in the city in general..i mean, it is ok if everything is vlosrd at 2 but u should start early, then, dont u? this club i went today started at 11 and at 1 it was getting cool and i had to go hone.... anyway, is the nightlife of the city this bad or i just went to the wrong place? and if i did, whT clubs do u suggest me to go? ive been here for a week snd i will stay untill march so i need to know where to go... i am so sad that i am even thinking about moving to mobtreal.. is it the same there? anyway, id rather to stay here, i just need some advices about where to go.. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 03:14 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
Which clubs did you go to?

Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM

3,862 posts, read 5,286,495 times
You are from Brazil, there is no way you are going to be impressed with the nightlife in Toronto. If you set your expectations slightly lower though and view Toronto as the mid-lower tier nightlife city it is, then you will end up finding the positives in the scene and embracing the differences.

I get where you are coming from, I am originally from a city where there is not closing time, last call, etc..either. When you compare Toronto to most cities in the US and Canada though it is really not that bad for nightlife, but you need to view it from that perspective and not on a global level.

I have a feeling things will improve as you gain familiarity with the city. All the best.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 PM

4 posts, read 6,081 times
hey guys, i would like to know more about Toronto night life.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,112 times
"I've been here a week. I'm now thinking of moving to an entirely different province because of a night club...."

Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 AM

47 posts, read 90,732 times
Toronto's night club scene is not that good. It was a lot better years ago. There is no real central area for good clubs, the closest thing to centralized clubs is King Street. And King Street has this stuck up vibe to it, that area should not be the new club district. There are other clubs, but they are so spread out in back alleys and hidden doorways that you'd be roaming around forever trying to find these places. And depending on what night it is, different clubs have different music and crowds. The women downtown Toronto are a little stuck up too, so this does not make for a great clubbing experience. And i'm not from here either, I moved to Toronto 3 years ago so I feel where your coming from.

If I were you, i'd go to Montreal for a weekend if you can and try it out there and if you like it move there and enjoy. I've only been there once, but didn't really get to party because I was there for business. But their party scene looked pretty good, and the women there are def more interactive and friendly. Try Montreal man, and if you do tell us how it was.

Only other thing i'll say on the women is, the further you go out away from downtown the more friendly women are. Downtown Toronto is more of a fashion show for girls to show off for other girls more than anything. They are not really out to meet a bunch of guys when they go out. They seem to just click up with their girls or people they know already and party that way.

Tell us your experience in Montreal if you go, i'm curious to hear about it.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:13 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,695 times
And what is it with people dressing up to go to some nightclub as if they were getting dressed for a wedding?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
And what is it with people dressing up to go to some nightclub as if they were getting dressed for a wedding?

Exactly? I was just telling a buddy of mine the same thing. Guys wearing full suits and vests. Like seriously? When I go out now downtown that's all I see, is people dressed up like they are going to some formal event or something. Can you be more boring?

Toronto's club scene is on life support, lol.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:45 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser99 View Post
Exactly? I was just telling a buddy of mine the same thing. Guys wearing full suits and vests. Like seriously? When I go out now downtown that's all I see, is people dressed up like they are going to some formal event or something. Can you be more boring?
Far be it from me to defend clubs but I have no idea what clubs you've been going to where the majority of the people are wearing full suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser99 View Post

Toronto's club scene is on life support, lol.
I think that's a good thing, actually. Majority of clubs are full of shallow, pretentious douchebags of the highest order..... in any city.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Far be it from me to defend clubs but I have no idea what clubs you've been going to where the majority of the people are wearing full suits.

I think that's a good thing, actually. Majority of clubs are full of shallow, pretentious douchebags of the highest order..... in any city.

Yeah don't defend it, lol. Please.... Ask the other guy in this thread that he said he see's people going out like they are dressed to go to a wedding? Cause I see the same thing. Just sayin.. 2 people that don't know each other at all seeing the same thing. Maybe we are seeing things I guess, ha ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto