Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I am voting
Conservative 9 33.33%
Green Party of Ontario 5 18.52%
Liberal 12 44.44%
NDP 0 0%
Other 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 12:13 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I haven't checked for myself, but I did hear that this election wasn't split along urban/rural lines, but that Hudak was rejected across those divides.
It was 38.6% vs 31.2% (Lib vs PC) - popular vote!

Ontario election 2014: Liberals win stunning majority, Tim Hudak steps down as PC leader | National Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 12:22 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Yes I know that, but was the vote divided between rural and urban?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Dont know.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Found one ... only for you.

Ontario election results 2014: Real-time results on election night | Globalnews.ca

Is there a divide? I would say .. yes.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:52 PM

Ontario Liberal landslide — with only about a third of the votes — is a powerful new argument for election reform

6% popular vote dif between OLP & PCs gives Wynne double the seats. “The people have spoken” Right. Time for prop rep!

Old 06-13-2014, 01:05 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Disgust is about the only word I can find to adequately describe my feelings regarding this election.

I'm less disgusted with Wynne's win than I am with the actual choices we were given.

I have never seen a more lackluster group of contenders with as much historical baggage running for any office and still have the electorate go; "ho hum, just another Ontario election".

We have, in no small measure, displayed to the rest of Canada just how low we've sunk in our inability to force any of the parties finding worthy contenders.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:00 PM

287 posts, read 1,010,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
We're always screwed. Does anyone really think the PCs or NDP wouldn't screw us just as badly?
Like hell. I never bought this "it doesn't matter who you vote for" attitude. Politicians are politicians, but some still have better policies than others. McGuinty/Wynne actually make me think that maybe Mike Harris wasn't that bad after all...and I hated Mike Harris. Thanks to Bob Rae, the NDP is forever doomed in Ontario. Hudak never should have led the PC's, but John Tory, who was more moderate, wasn't any better. They completely blew elections they should have won handily. Yes, the choices were abysmal...but we give the completely corrupt, incompetent Liberals another majority?!?! Unbelievable!

Old 06-13-2014, 03:44 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Found one ... only for you.

Ontario election results 2014: Real-time results on election night | Globalnews.ca

Is there a divide? I would say .. yes.
Yes I can see, it's pretty obvious.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:35 PM

415 posts, read 560,657 times
I would think twice before following any of the three "leaders" out of a burning building.

I held my nose and voted Fiberal. As already indicated, I didn't have any strong feelings towards any of them. I was just simply exercising my right to vote; I still believe in the old adage, if you didn't bother to vote, then don't whine and snivel.

Tim Horton (er, I mean Hudak) lost me on his "plan" to create one million new jobs (specifics would have been nice), after firing 100,000 civil servants, most of whom would have been essential front-line workers in health and education.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:29 PM

400 posts, read 422,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingstonBob View Post
I would think twice before following any of the three "leaders" out of a burning building.

I held my nose and voted Fiberal. As already indicated, I didn't have any strong feelings towards any of them. I was just simply exercising my right to vote; I still believe in the old adage, if you didn't bother to vote, then don't whine and snivel.

Tim Horton (er, I mean Hudak) lost me on his "plan" to create one million new jobs (specifics would have been nice), after firing 100,000 civil servants, most of whom would have been essential front-line workers in health and education.
Horton, err Harris v.2.0 didn't think he had to deliver the goods on his plan. Apparently he thought voter fatigue with the Fiberals would livrer la marchandise for his party. No, Tim, most of electorate actually wanted a well thought-out plan, you dolt. What he was actually proposing was that we "trust" him--and that's where he made his fatal miscalculatiion. Tim comes off as trustworthy as your friendly neighbourhood loan shark, with his deer-in-headlights gaze, pallid complexion, and overly modulated speaking style. I'm not thrilled the Libs won, but I'm definitely relieved the Tories LOST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto