Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 06:54 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
Yeah, Vaughan is an annoying tool.
Agreed - for those that think it couldn't get worse than Olivia Chow - just insertadamvaughanhere

I still remember when an interviewer asked him what his favourite place to eat in the city was and his response - at home.... When Asked what his favourite spots in the GTA were outside of Toronto he said unapologetically that he's never been to any of them and called the GTA the Rest of Canada.. Favourite thing to do at night for Adam Vaughan - SLEEP if he's lucky.... zzzzzzzzzzz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 PM

2,253 posts, read 3,723,130 times
That riding is an NDP-Liberal battle and will vote with the national trend. Both parties have strong candidates cancelling out the local candidate factor. Since Mulcair is looking good, the NDP is leading the polls nationally and Trudeau is looking really bad, I expect Olivia Chow to prevail.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kensington View Post
That riding is an NDP-Liberal battle and will vote with the national trend. Both parties have strong candidates cancelling out the local candidate factor. Since Mulcair is looking good, the NDP is leading the polls nationally and Trudeau is looking really bad, I expect Olivia Chow to prevail.
but what are their policies?
I don't know how to vote without knowing the specifics. Labels such as Conservatives, liberals don't matter.

I know where Harper stands, but the other two parties, I hardly have much of an idea. Enough with the middle class/families slogan, everyone says that. It means absolutely nothing. I hate it whenever these catchy words are mentioned.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:29 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,175,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
but what are their policies?
I don't know how to vote without knowing the specifics. Labels such as Conservatives, liberals don't matter.

I know where Harper stands, but the other two parties, I hardly have much of an idea. Enough with the middle class/families slogan, everyone says that. It means absolutely nothing. I hate it whenever these catchy words are mentioned.
Botti, you may hate these labels and political propaganda, but to be brutally honest, I think it works quite well on the vast majority of voters. And that's all that matters. For the campaign manager, he/she could care less about margin votes like you, and simply focus on the people that they can easily sway. That strategy worked for Harper every single time for the past 9 years.

It's politics, and all about grabbing power. What else are you expecting? You can commit the worst crimes while in office and still get reelected or reappointed. I remember there was a quote by Yuan Shikai, a famous Chinese politician/war lord from early 1900s, something along the lines of this: in politics, you can commit crimes, but you can't make mistakes.

Last edited by bostonkid123; 07-28-2015 at 12:39 PM..

Old 07-28-2015, 01:06 PM

32 posts, read 36,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Botti, you may hate these labels and political propaganda, but to be brutally honest, I think it works quite well on the vast majority of voters. And that's all that matters. For the campaign manager, he/she could care less about margin votes like you, and simply focus on the people that they can easily sway. That strategy worked for Harper every single time for the past 9 years.
And for Rob Ford in the Mayoral election. "Gravy Train"

As for botticelli's comment on what the policies are. It doesn't matter in Trinity-Spadina. It's a predominantly Asian riding and they vote for her on that alone. She could win without campaigning like Rob Ford does in Etobicoke for city council.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:39 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,175,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmarket Paul View Post

As for botticelli's comment on what the policies are. It doesn't matter in Trinity-Spadina. It's a predominantly Asian riding and they vote for her on that alone. She could win without campaigning like Rob Ford does in Etobicoke for city council.
Umm no it's not a "predominantly Asian riding" - Asians (all Asian ethnic groups including Chinese) only account for 21% of the demographics, while 62%, or almost 2/3 are white voters. In fact, there are more blacks (3.6%) residing in Trinity Spadina than there are Koreans and Philipinos (1.8%).

Trinity Spadina Census - Canada 2011 Census

Old 07-28-2015, 03:43 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Umm no it's not a "predominantly Asian riding" - Asians (all Asian ethnic groups including Chinese) only account for 21% of the demographics, while 62%, or almost 2/3 are white voters. In fact, there are more blacks (3.6%) residing in Trinity Spadina than there are Koreans and Philipinos (1.8%).

Good job - totally blew that assumption to smithereens

Old 07-28-2015, 03:45 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default Rob Ford ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmarket Paul View Post

So sorry ... maybe Olivia and the rest of the other candiates should try doing drugs with the local drug dealers, criminals and thugs to help win votes too. Absolutely disgusting and shameless!

Old 07-28-2015, 05:03 PM

Deleted

Old 07-28-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:

And what percentage of those demographics actually shows up and votes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto