Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 01:09 PM

481 posts, read 427,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
University College on the U of Toronto campus.

During construction of the building in the mid-19th century, two stonemasons--Diablos and Reznikoff--got into a fight over a woman. Diablos ended up killing Reznikoff, and hiding the body. When reconstruction of the building had to occur because of a fire in the 1890s, a body was found. While it was never positively identified as Reznikoff's, chances are good that it was his.

Anyway, the story goes that Reznikoff's ghost still walks the hallways of the building.

OOoh I forgot about that story!

And also, yes, Bloor Collegiate - it's mostly undocumented, but I remember being told it was haunted when I was a teenager. The stories might have died down after kids who attended in the 1990s left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 02:12 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
https://goo.gl/MByxPQ

Love ghost stories.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Wink Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
https://goo.gl/MByxPQ

Love ghost stories.
Me too ! This time of year all the tv series about this stuff surface

1. Paranormal Witness (My personal favourite ... happy its back after a year break)
2. A Haunting
3. Paranormal Survivor
4. American Horror story

Old 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM

Also found this site that lists some stuff

Ontario Ghost Reports | Paranormal Canada

I have been to several of the places listed on this site before reading the list and never noticed anything. I probably had my head phones on too loud :P!

Old 09-13-2015, 05:17 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Good idea. I think I might check out one of those tours just for fun. I have never actually done a real Toronto tour. Every few months I find I accidentally come across something I did not know about tucked away in some part of the city.
Its funny, I've been on haunted ghost tours in other cities but not Toronto.. The gray matter between my head has convinced me that ghosts are a fantasy, but there's always that bit of - well mmmmaybe .. If anything though, they are entertaining and informative and just something different to do than the usual.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:30 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Its funny, I've been on haunted ghost tours in other cities but not Toronto.. The gray matter between my head has convinced me that ghosts are a fantasy, but there's always that bit of - well mmmmaybe .. If anything though, they are entertaining and informative and just something different to do than the usual.
I generally don't believe in ghosts....BUT....I have had a few experiences that were strange. I rationalized them of course and convinced myself that it was something else....BUT ....

Old 09-13-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I generally don't believe in ghosts....BUT....I have had a few experiences that were strange. I rationalized them of course and convinced myself that it was something else....BUT ....
Exactly the same for me... Especially with the death of a close relative.. It could all just be neurochemical but yeah - just not too sure about that lol...

Old 09-13-2015, 08:48 PM

Default Real or not....

I have never had any experiences (thankfully), but do think it is possible. Nothing else about life and the universe really makes sense ...so for me it gives me reason to believe ghosts, hauntings and possession are all possible. After all 200 years ago who would have believed all the technology we have today was possible.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:16 PM

Here is a pretty cool map with locations and a brief description of each haunted location.. Some of them mentioned already in this thread like the Gibraltar Lighthouse, Queens Park and the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Haunted City: A Ghost Map of Toronto | Torontoist

Old 09-14-2015, 10:37 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
There isn't really any compelling reasons to believe anything on earth is haunted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto