Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 10:46 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Millions of dollars bro.you know the stuff people die over. Wouldn't expect you to understand. Canadian culture doesn't allow it. Like I said it is not the wild west here. It's not cali or Nevada. They love the bad boys there. They don't look down on them.

And Canadians are cowards for the most part. Why do you think it's so safe here?
You're evading my question about you 'confronting' Drake.. If you can elaborate on the ways and means behind that would be appreciated.

As for Canadians are cowards nonsense what are you advocating - increased violence to 'prove' our masculinity and 'alpha' male status.. Honestly, I've read your posts up to this thread and just thought ok this guy has an his views and opinions and I don't agree with many of his observations but no big deal that is how life is. Now though, I'm seriously worried about you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 10:48 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
[quote]
Quote:
Millions of dollars bro.you know the stuff people die over. Wouldn't expect you to understand. Canadian culture doesn't allow it. Like I said it is not the wild west here. It's not cali or Nevada. They love the bad boys there. They don't look down on them.
Yeah they love bad boys, that's why California has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world. You really aren't making any sense.

Quote:
And Canadians are cowards for the most part. Why do you think it's so safe here?[/QUOTE
]

Are you for real?

Old 02-14-2016, 12:08 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Lol. Whatever. You make it clear why I get along better with people especially fRom cali. So o guess I'll just make it a goal to live there.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Lol. Whatever. You make it clear why I get along better with people especially fRom cali. So o guess I'll just make it a goal to live there.
Give It a shot... Pardon the pun lol..

Old 02-14-2016, 03:18 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
LOL... you guys still talking about this? I am pretty sure that key Drake got does not even open anything (symbolic, but useless). Karassmatic if you like the USA so much why don't you move there? My parents lived in the US and were more then happy to leave to come to Canada. My American family only wishes they would be living here. The world has so many interesting places to see. Not sure why you are hung up on the US fantasy you have. I question if you just spent too much time watching MTV as a teen.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:17 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
LOL... you guys still talking about this? I am pretty sure that key Drake got does not even open anything (symbolic, but useless). Karassmatic if you like the USA so much why don't you move there? My parents lived in the US and were more then happy to leave to come to Canada. My American family only wishes they would be living here. The world has so many interesting places to see. Not sure why you are hung up on the US fantasy you have. I question if you just spent too much time watching MTV as a teen.
Man that's your opinion. Why can't I have mine? Want to discredit me because I don't like it here? What if I told you I had hollywood backing I could never get in toronto no matter how hard I tried. Major corporations paving the way for me to make millions of dollars. I tried to get that I canafa but got laughed at. Would you finally understand why I got a chip on my shoulder? And why a fake like Drake get tons of notoriety that I easily got in america simply by being present in Hollywood.

Granted these are all hypothetical and not real I'm just saying. If event like that happened and don't understand then fine. I really don't care for your empathy. Just let me have my opinions I am entitled. Thats one thing canada can't take from me.

You can shut out my hopes and dreams but you can't take my opinions and my views.

Last edited by Karassmatic; 02-14-2016 at 04:30 PM..

Old 02-14-2016, 04:43 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
Lol

Old 02-14-2016, 06:54 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,747,200 times
Didn't know the issue was that deep

Old 02-14-2016, 06:58 PM

3,867 posts, read 5,292,845 times
Quote:
Man that's your opinion. Why can't I have mine? Want to discredit me because I don't like it here? What if I told you I had hollywood backing I could never get in toronto no matter how hard I tried. Major corporations paving the way for me to make millions of dollars. I tried to get that I canafa but got laughed at. Would you finally understand why I got a chip on my shoulder? And why a fake like Drake get tons of notoriety that I easily got in america simply by being present in Hollywood.

Granted these are all hypothetical and not real I'm just saying. If event like that happened and don't understand then fine. I really don't care for your empathy. Just let me have my opinions I am entitled. Thats one thing canada can't take from me.

You can shut out my hopes and dreams but you can't take my opinions and my views.
I know you say this is hypothetical but it really does sound like you feel like you are missing out on something. As a former Canadian citizen who moved to the US let me give you the real talk. The US is a nice enough country with alot of variety and places to choose from, but its not the land of milk and honey you are longing for.

Its just like every other country and it can at times reward those who put in the work, but it seems like you are buying into the "Greatest country on earth" garbage. Something that I have found throughout life is that anyone who gushes too much about their country or city is typically an idiot that is looking to fill some void in their lives. So whichever Americans you are running into that are feeding you this stuff, just back away from them and know they are not giving you the truth. This also stands for Canadians who say the same things.

Finally if you were truly in demand for a particular trade or skill, a company would find a way to get you a visa. The immigration system is broken, but not broken enough that truly talented people are unable to get the proper status to benefit the country as a whole. Heck even Justin Bieber found a way, as untalented a hack he is. So either quit bitching or step your game up.

Hopefully this resonates a bit more coming from a dual citizen that thinks patriotism is for the pathetic and weak and has no sides to play. Have a good night and work harder to get what you think you are deserved.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:04 PM

Good advice Ed!

I think a bit of healthy patriotism isn't necessarily a bad thing. Kind of like rah rah team.. That said if it blinds you and your sense of objectivity and humility is lost than its far to easy to get swayed into a gutter.

Anyway, I really do wish Karassmatic well and hope he finds some peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto