Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 02:09 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,641,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
There's no need to be bailed out by the government when you're already in bed with them.
Are you refering to Toyota or the big three?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 03:15 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,869,240 times
Quote:
And don't forget about profits as Toyota's profits for the quarter ending in September were among the strongest the car maker has ever recorded
Lets see even with recalls we (and the world) still buy their cars, that says something right there. No matter what bumps in the road they hit most people know they put out a quality car.

Also their payroll is not out of sync with the market.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 PM

362 posts, read 394,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yet I'd still buy a Toyota over any American car today or from the last 30 years.
What he said.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That is good only if you like torturing yourself!
Ha. I drive 1200 miles twice a year. I like to notice what's broken down on the side of the road in all those trips and miles. Always american crap.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:34 PM

24,594 posts, read 26,163,378 times
Always?

Old 11-11-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Always?
Ok, mebbe not 1000% of the time. I look at mitubishi as an american car.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:16 PM

24,530 posts, read 33,418,414 times
Quote:
Always?
Yeah, kind of sounds suspicious. I've seen plenty of Euro and Japanese cars on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. I just drive on by in my American car(s)!

Old 11-11-2010, 03:58 PM

890 posts, read 3,710,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
The reason is that Toyota gets a free pass as being above all that. People buy Toyotas due to quality, durability and relaibilty, and ANY recall for any other maker is treated as proof that that make manufacturs crap cars.

It's adressing a double standard that buyers and journalists have had over the years. If another maker has a recall, not only is it big news, but it's drug up continually as proof that that manufacturer should be avoided. Toyota has a series of huge recalls and it's no big deal and every manufacturer has them. Wll, that's the rub, then, Toyota is no better than any other manufacturer. So let's not worship at the altar of Camry, ok, or hold them up as the example other manufacturers should strive to emulate.

I've owned a few Toyotas, and there are a number I'd still own, though none of the new ones. I'm not saying this as a Toyota hater, merely pointing out the hypocricy and double standards Toyota fans have had for decades.
This is the only post in this whole topic that doesn't contain some sort of personal attack or slander. It's also the smartest post because it's true. Every time a car maker issues a recall, the media goes out for blood and starts saying that they're dangerous and should be avoided. But when Toyota does it, they are shown as being responsible and safe.

The double standard is MASSIVE and you have to be looking through some pretty rose-colored glasses not to notice it.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:29 PM

24,594 posts, read 26,163,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, kind of sounds suspicious. I've seen plenty of Euro and Japanese cars on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. I just drive on by in my American car(s)!
Yeah, kind of sounds suspicious. I've seen plenty of American cars on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. I just drive on by in my in my car(s) that I just happen to be driving at the time.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 PM

24,530 posts, read 33,418,414 times
Quote:
Yeah, kind of sounds suspicious. I've seen plenty of American cars on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. I just drive on by in my in my car(s) that I just happen to be driving at the time.
What car(s) are you driving?

Anyway, I did post the truth. I have seen plenty of non-American cars on the side of the road awaiting assist (and I don't mean just a flat tire) and on flatbed trucks. Illogical to assume that only American cars need repairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion