Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,302,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What car(s) are you driving?

Anyway, I did post the truth. I have seen plenty of non-American cars on the side of the road awaiting assist (and I don't mean just a flat tire) and on flatbed trucks. Illogical to assume that only American cars need repairs.
Oh, but he's right. In japan or Europe, they don't even HAVE tow trucks, 'cause cars there enver break down! In fact, the independent repair shop doesn't exist there, either, as no one ever ned to repair a car there. Tow trucks and repair shopps are American (or British) inventions for American and British cars. Didn't you know that?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 01:56 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Oh, but he's right. In japan or Europe, they don't even HAVE tow trucks, 'cause cars there enver break down! In fact, the independent repair shop doesn't exist there, either, as no one ever ned to repair a car there. Tow trucks and repair shopps are American (or British) inventions for American and British cars. Didn't you know that?
Come on, Merc. Don't you know that with those cars in the photos, it was the owner's fault and not the fault of the cars?

Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 PM

24,491 posts, read 26,033,205 times
Quote:
What car(s) are you driving?

Anyway, I did post the truth. I have seen plenty of non-American cars on the side of the road awaiting assist (and I don't mean just a flat tire) and on flatbed trucks. Illogical to assume that only American cars need repairs.
Well currently there are 3 Made in America American built cars/trucks in the driveway. The truck is sold, just waiting for the guy to pick it up.

My grandsons Chevy just left 2 weeks ago on a hook and my neighbor 2000 Chevy PU left on a flatbed 3 weeks ago with a busted differential.

I also post the truth when I see plenty of American cars on the side of the road awaiting assist (and I don't mean just a flat tire) and on flatbed trucks.

And I never said or hinted that it was illogical that only American cars need repairs.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
And I never said or hinted that it was illogical that only American cars need repairs.
Thats ok, their fanboys see it as that anytime someone talks bad about the big three.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Well currently there are 3 Made in America American built cars/trucks in the driveway. The truck is sold, just waiting for the guy to pick it up.

My grandsons Chevy just left 2 weeks ago on a hook and my neighbor 2000 Chevy PU left on a flatbed 3 weeks ago with a busted differential.
I get it. Because a 2000 Chevy PU has a busted differential, all American cars are unreliable!

Quote:
I also post the truth when I see plenty of American cars on the side of the road awaiting assist (and I don't mean just a flat tire) and on flatbed trucks.
I also posted the truth. And so did Merc... and with photographic evidence, yet.

Quote:
You didn't but it did sound like PeepoRsheep did.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Thats ok, their fanboys see it as that anytime someone talks bad about the big three.
From my observations, there are no bigger "fanboys" than those who admire Japanese cars. Especially the ones with the ridiculous 5-foot tall wings on the back and the stickers which add 50 horsepower!

Old 11-12-2010, 05:09 PM

24,491 posts, read 26,033,205 times
Quote:

I get it. Because a 2000 Chevy PU has a busted differential, all American cars are unreliable!

If I believed that, why would I be be driving all American Made cars.?
All cars have problems. Get it!

I also posted the truth. And so did Merc... and with photographic evidence, yet.

Hey. I can post pictures of all kinds of cars on the hook or on flatbeds, it's not hard to do.

You didn't but it did sound like PeepoRsheep did.
Then take your cheep shots at him.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Then take your cheep shots at him.
It's not "cheep" (cheap) shots; it's analysis and comments.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
Quote:
From my observations, there are no bigger "fanboys" than those who admire Japanese cars. Especially the ones with the ridiculous 5-foot tall wings on the back and the stickers which add 50 horsepower!
No, the biggest fanboys are those who say "buy American support the unions".

Old 11-13-2010, 12:16 PM

2,169 posts, read 3,392,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I'll chime in that I've seen plenty of junky old Nissans and Toyotas broken down on the side of the road before. I also have seen an old Corolla engulfed in flames. However, most have long rusted away around here, unlike the 25 year old Cavalier or Cutlass Ciera that, for all their faults, are still on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion