Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times

Advertisements

I think the 2nd gen car is downright hideous. The rear end is awful, the front end isn't much better and the proportions are terrible as a result. The 1st gen car may be the same size but it's styling was far more attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
we had an 05 that we really liked, overall it was a very good value to start with as a new car and for the 5 years we owned it we had no issues (except for hatch rattle in the WI cold). We ended up modding it to enjoy it even more, though even when at just 200hp on the dyno i wouldnt say we ever got great gas mileage lol. the TC never claimed to be a sports car or performance car, but i'd say was a nice sports coupe. Our daughter has an 08 that is being slowly modded as well (neither of us really care for the 2nd gen styling though it does bump up the stock hp and features a bit over early versions).
I'd add that we had ours while still in WI so the fwd was important, and even if the FRS would have been out at the same time we wouldnt have gone in that direction. BUT if we were in a market for one of those 2 cars now with us living in the south now..... the FRS would be a no-brainer choice between the 2.

Again the TC is a good value as a stock platform, and like any ride out there can be tweaked for better performance, handling, and or appearance. If you like one, then buy it. If you dont, then get something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion