Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 06:41 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,485,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
New owners really like the 5th generation ;2010 to present. It's missing some of the comforts which came with the 4th generation (rear view interior mirrors, burger tray... but it is equally loved. You cannot go wrong with this vehicle especially if serious travel is in your future. Not Jeep, Not Ford, Not Chevy and Not Land Rover. If you desire reliability, swiss watch 4x4 and common sense build then 4Runner is the only game in town.

4Runner Challenge. Traversing in Arctic Cold - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum
When I finally do get one, it will be the "Swiss Army Knife" vehicle for me. It will be my daily driver, Sunday church vehicle to transport the family in, 4WD when I get caught out in the snow, towing vehicle when I get a camper (that's the next thing on my list), and off-road vehicle when the mood hits me. I figured it's a fun SUV, and it's basically a truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 08:19 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,572,907 times
I leased a 2005 for 4 years, but had to turn it in back in 2009. Best vehicle I've owned. Would have loved to have kept it, but both of us lost our jobs the very month we turned it in. I want to buy another one, but I can't get over how much they sell for. Even used, and particularly in Alabama, where gas is dirt cheap, and everyone drives a monster truck.

But i can buy a Prius for 27 bucks right now...

Old 08-17-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I leased a 2005 for 4 years, but had to turn it in back in 2009. Best vehicle I've owned. Would have loved to have kept it, but both of us lost our jobs the very month we turned it in. I want to buy another one, but I can't get over how much they sell for. Even used, and particularly in Alabama, where gas is dirt cheap, and everyone drives a monster truck.

But i can buy a Prius for 27 bucks right now...
LOL! Yeah, I've noticed used Priuses (or is that "Pree-Eye"?) are actually not very expensive, and if it came down to me not having a car at all or owning a Prius, I'd drive the Prius in a heartbeat. But I'd much rather have a truck!

Yeah, the new 4Runners are just out of this world expensive! Another truck I was interested in was a Chevy Silverado, but those things are ridiculous as well. That's why I'm specifically looking at mid 2000's model 4Runners, because to me, they don't look dated. They still look really nice and they're still solid, reliable even at 10 years old.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:29 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,684,039 times
If you're towing, why not look at used Sequoias?

I don't know that the towing capacity of a 4runner would suffice for a camper with much weight to it.....

Old 08-17-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
If you're towing, why not look at used Sequoias?

I don't know that the towing capacity of a 4runner would suffice for a camper with much weight to it.....
I've been interested in them as well, but they're still quite pricy. They do have a much higher towing capacity than the 4Runner however. I showed my wife a picture of a Sequoias the other night and she was like, "That things too big!" LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion