Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times

Advertisements

Well.... everyone has touched on "reliability" and the "fun" factor so I agree with all of those comments on both sides of the fence. My reason for driving a Toyota and/or a Honda (aside from reliability) is the resale and how well they keep their value. It's always easy and painless to sell a Toyota and/or Honda but the same can not be said about other brands especially the big 3. As an example, I sold my last car, 1995 Toyota Camry wagon LE V6 with 180K miles in 1 day, got asking price and people kept calling me offering more money than my asking price!! That factor is priceless if you want to and/or need to sell your car. Just my $ 0.02.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 09:32 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I ditched my Toyotas for a Ford and I FEEL ALIVE. Sorry, the Ford has been great, and is (I cannot stress this enough) EONS more fun to drive. No longer will I be another faceless robot, driving a toaster oven to and from work. Nope. Nuh-uh. Never again. I want soul in my cars, and Toyotas are perhaps the most soulless, boring, ugly cars out there right now. Argue all you want, but Toyota offers vanilla rides that are numb and cold.

Now, Toyota makes reliable vehicles, but theyre for people who dont enjoy driving. Now if Toyota could bring back the Supra or MR2 (not the lame, ugly MR-S) then I might just have to trade the Ford in. But for now? Im not going back to Toyota anywhere in the forseeable future.
lol, guess you've never ridden in a Celica... Now, granted they don't have a lot of stock 'get-going' from the light, but trust me, road rallies and burning corners, they have a lot of soul. My '92, w/ ~240k miles, she still purrs just fine, and I also enjoy a car w/ feeling - and this car has such. I too would love to see the Supra or Celica reborn, but w/ their Scion division supposedly the 'hip' 'younger' crowd pleaser, I'm not very hopeful. Anyhow, this Celica, I drive it ~70 miles a day, and its definitely not a toaster oven...

Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 PM

812 posts, read 4,084,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
lol, guess you've never ridden in a Celica... Now, granted they don't have a lot of stock 'get-going' from the light, but trust me, road rallies and burning corners, they have a lot of soul. My '92, w/ ~240k miles, she still purrs just fine, and I also enjoy a car w/ feeling - and this car has such. I too would love to see the Supra or Celica reborn, but w/ their Scion division supposedly the 'hip' 'younger' crowd pleaser, I'm not very hopeful. Anyhow, this Celica, I drive it ~70 miles a day, and its definitely not a toaster oven...
There used to be a lot that was interesting about Toyota, but unfortunately things have changed.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:36 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Thumbs up I traded up when I went to Toyota!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
Online customer survey indicates 70% of people like their Toyota vehicles based on quality, dependability, and reliability.Fuel economy 21% , 4% performance, and 2% both for safety and design.Explain why you would buy another brand for any other reason other than the top 70% of the Toyota customers.Do you honestly ever hear that a Toyota owner changed brands for a more dependable, reliable and better made car or truck? Obviously they wouldn't be a majority.
Not me, I'm stickin with my Toyota ,

I got rid of a piece of junk ford f-150 and traded it in for a Toyota Tacoma AccessCab, and I've never regretted it. I love my Taco and everything about it, MPG, ride, tow capacity and above all " it looks great" . Hopefully this summer we'll be getting rid of my wifes PT Cruiser and she wants a Tacoma of her own. Gotta love this woman , she knows a good thing when she sees it.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Im VERY well-versed in the Celica world, thank you very much. Ive driven anything from the ancient old Celica-Supra to the latest GT-S. And if you want to talk Celica, Ive even hitched a ride in a Celica All-Trac. The GT-S is my fave Celica to date, but its still questionable in areas. For one, headroom is tight, the back seat is useless, and I think its geared something AWFUL. Id look to an Integra Type-R before the GT-S, if they werent so hard to locate. The All-Trac was really cool, but the guy who owned it found it down in TX, where it was not cared for whatsoever. It had 3 different colored panels on it and was beat to all heck. I thought it scooted along pretty well, but it was just too beat-up to get a good, solid opinion. Once he's done building it up, Ill report back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion