Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:55 PM

23,357 posts, read 29,241,171 times

Advertisements

I'm still sold on Toyota. I have an 82 Celica and an 85 Supra. And if I should buy another one, I'll buy another older one, and have it completely refurbished. Perhaps an older Cressida.

I'm surprised more people, in light of all the recalls going on, aren't buying up more of the older, reliable cars, and shoving $5k-$10k into them, and have a car that's like new, more reliable and predictable, sans all the computer wizardry.

For me, the less computer gadgets the better. Easier, cheaper to repair.

I like driving a good-looking car, and I have seen very few Toyota's post-1985that's really grabbed my attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:07 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,050,240 times
I am glad that there are nice soft seats for people to choose if they like.

I am also glad that there are supportive and side bolstered seats for folks like me to choose.

I like a sporting vehicle, I can relax in my recliner at home. I like to be well supported when I am having fun on the mountain twisties. Driving for fun, for me, requires control, I do not get that in pillow seats.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,597,834 times
Had a chuckle today when I saw a Toyota TV commercial offering 0% 5 year financing.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Had a chuckle today when I saw a Toyota TV commercial offering 0% 5 year financing.
Chuckle? That is an opportunity! Let the chicken littles drive the price down, and the rational among us will snap up the deals.

Too bad I am not in the market for a car, otherwise I would take advantage of the hysteria and get a good deal.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 PM

24,530 posts, read 33,418,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
I am glad that there are nice soft seats for people to choose if they like.

I am also glad that there are supportive and side bolstered seats for folks like me to choose.

I like a sporting vehicle, I can relax in my recliner at home. I like to be well supported when I am having fun on the mountain twisties. Driving for fun, for me, requires control, I do not get that in pillow seats.
That may be but I was questioning the claim that Toyotas are a "comfortable" car.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Chuckle? That is an opportunity! Let the chicken littles drive the price down, and the rational among us will snap up the deals.

Too bad I am not in the market for a car, otherwise I would take advantage of the hysteria and get a good deal.
Don't be so sure about "a good deal" though IMO.

Toyota might still be "arrogant" after all the fiasco and the crocodile tears from their pres.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That may be but I was questioning the claim that Toyotas are a "comfortable" car.
Fleet, you drive in living room furnitures so anything else will be "hard" to sit on.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"Comfortable" is in the arse of the beholder, I am much more comfortable in supportive seats (not necessarily Toyota) than the 'pillow' seats that you prefer. To each his/her own.

I am much more comfortable in my fifties tech Triumph seats than my '09 Expedition work truck because I value control over plush.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Don't be so sure about "a good deal" though IMO.

Toyota might still be "arrogant" after all the fiasco and the crocodile tears from their pres.
If I can get a screaming deal on a Toyota because someone is freaking out on the hype, I will take it. Arrogance or crocodiles tears do not matter to me.

Note: I am not in the market for a new car (rarely am, I buy used) and think their 'cars' are boring, but I am always on the lookout for deals.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM

24,530 posts, read 33,418,414 times
Quote:
Fleet, you drive in living room furnitures so anything else will be "hard" to sit on.
That's true. I guess some people just can't admit that Toyotas have hard seats and are not known as a "comfortable" car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion