Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I sweat prices so much, probably because everyone is always telling me what a great deal they got and I always feel like I paid double what everyone else did.
Since I don't fly much what do you think a ball park decent price to look for a flight in September or October from Dayton to Seattle round trip?
Week vacation, so probably flying Saturdays or Sundays. I suppose I could shift my leave days to fly during the week, should I consider doing that?
And car rental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 09:05 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I don't know why I sweat prices so much, probably because everyone is always telling me what a great deal they got and I always feel like I paid double what everyone else did.
Since I don't fly much what do you think a ball park decent price to look for a flight in September or October from Dayton to Seattle round trip?
Week vacation, so probably flying Saturdays or Sundays. I suppose I could shift my leave days to fly during the week, should I consider doing that?
And car rental.
First, sign up for AIRFAREWATCHDOG.COM" and sign up for their e-mail alerts of all of the great fares.

In Dayton, you are within two hours of Cincinnati (CVG), Dayton (DAY), Louisville (SDF), Indianapolis (IND) and Columbus (CMH). If you shop ALL the airports, you will get the best deals.

You are GENERALLY better if you can fly on Saturday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. It is a lot cheaper to fly back on the last flight on Saturday than on the Sunday morning flights.

When you get to Seattle, you can generally get a LOT better rates at the DOWNTOWN rental agencies (Alamo, Avis, and Hertz) than you can get at Seatac. On my last week-long trip, the best deal for a rental car was $550 at the airport and $265 in the city. Also, we were able to return the car to Seatac. It is a $7 train fare from Seatac to the downtown area.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Great help on the car rental! Especially the train part. Although I don't plan on spending time in the city......I'm looking to see Olympia, the coast, etc. I did sign up for airfarewatch. I have to nail down a week. I have to plan first. I need to figure out where I'm going and book hotels. Hotels actually end up being half the bill
Will this happen? Argh.

Last edited by Giesela; 07-28-2011 at 04:55 PM..

Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Great help on the car rental! Especially the train part. Although I don't plan on spending time in the city......I'm looking to see Olympia, the coast, etc. I did sign up for airfarewatch. I have to nail down a week. I have to plan first. I need to figure out where I'm going and book hotels. Hotels actually end up being half the bill
Will this happen? Argh.
You can probably do the same thing in Tacoma as there are neighborhood locations in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel