Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 03:07 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Theres plenty of other places more friendly to everyone to spend your money. Intolerant cities are a strong indication of cities who are on the decline. Theres plenty of places that are open to everyone and they deserve to get the travelers money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 10:28 PM

56 posts, read 417,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
... right now the nationalistic unrest seems explosive.
As a matter of fact your article dated December 14, 2010.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:06 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
You can go anywhere in the world without fear for safety---as long as you don't drink, don't go to unfamiliar places with strangers, do your sightseeing and street-walking in the daytime, and pay attention to local people when they tell you where not to go. And follow the same safety precautions you would in your own home town.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:34 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,726,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You can go anywhere in the world without fear for safety---as long as you don't drink, don't go to unfamiliar places with strangers, do your sightseeing and street-walking in the daytime, and pay attention to local people when they tell you where not to go. And follow the same safety precautions you would in your own home town.

BS. Your rules do not apply to ethnic minorities in Moscow. I have seen the evidence with my own eyes.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:28 AM

28 posts, read 33,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
BS. Your rules do not apply to ethnic minorities in Moscow. I have seen the evidence with my own eyes.
Ive been traveling in St Petersburg, Moscow and other Russian cities with ppl who you´d call "ethnic minority" for weeks and not for a second we felt unsafe. I also have friends living there saying that as long youre not in the wrong place ini the wrong time, there is no problem at all.
Theres absolutely no problem at all being a tourist i Moscow or St Petersburg..

azoria: Anyone in Moscow or StP or somewhere near would laugh at your fox-news-fear-statement. I highly doubt u ever been to Russia

Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Moderator cut: Off-Topic

BS is a strong word to apply to a "rule" that applies to an overwhelming majority of travelers, just because you can think of some exceptions to it. My rule also doesn't apply to drunks and transvestites. Doesn't mean it is not a practical rule.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-23-2011 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: This is the Travel Forum - politics & controversial subjects go in the P&OC Forum only!

Old 12-23-2011, 02:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
I'm an older white woman traveling solo and had a delightful time in St Petersburg in the spring/summer of 2010.
No problems.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 986 times
Many, many European/French/Slavic and Polish men *love* biracial women. I think this makes some of the European women out here angry, as they act catty and jealous while their men just flirt away. It's silly. I've never been to Russia, sounds terrible. Maybe someday it will be safer to travel there; I would love to show my daughter some of the beautiful castles.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
I'm extremely interested in Russia's culture (one of the majour European cultures), people , and geography (biggest country in the world ) however I don't plan to go there for some reasons :
- the hassle to get visas
- the fact I don't speak the language. I believe traveling in such a country ignoring the language is a no-no
- the climate : only 3 months in summer really warm, not for me
- cities are very expensive
As for the politics, I have a personal admiration for President Putin (for me it's the best leader nowadays worldwide), so it's not one of the reasons I wouldn't visit Russia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel