Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:34 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,264,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
IAH doesn't fly non-stop to Australia or Antarctica, so that leaves you a couple continents short. Although November of this year or next year, they will be getting an ANZ flight non-stop to Auckland.

They do have non-stop to Narita, Heathrow, Frankfurt, Dubai, Lagos, Amsterdam, Moscow/onestop to Shanghai, Calgary, Toronto, Rio and most of Latin America. So it is well represented.

I know a few coworkers who fly through YYZ on flights to Europe. The price is right and the times are good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 01:08 PM

756 posts, read 2,117,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
new york JFK also flies to every continent.
The Sydney flight stops in LAX. Otherwise it would have all except Antarctica.

LAX and DFW have nonstop to Australia but both lack the nonstop to Africa which JFK has currently.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't think Antarctica can really count though..Antarctica is uninhabited besides researchers and people taking a boat to look at it.
Actually most of them arrive by air...

Old 10-03-2012, 06:08 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,100,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Actually most of them arrive by air...
The researchers, yes, but not the many cruisers who depart from South America aboard a ship for a cruise to Antarctica.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:01 AM

147 posts, read 280,009 times
I think it also has to do with what you want and where you want to go.

I mean, yes Atlanta and Miami has lots of International nonstop flights, and so does SFO and LAX----for different reasons. I'll explain.

Miami and Atlanta has Europe, Africa, South America. But not so much Asia.

LAX and SFO has Dubai, London, Zurich, Paris, Sydney, Auckland, and a few South American destinations as well.

Of course if you go down the list the destinations would overlap.
For me, I go to Europe and Australia/New Zealand a lot. Even East Asia, many times throughout the year.
So for me the West Coast is just a better option to live. I've moved a lot in my life, and it was always up and down the west coast. In fact, I think I lived in every major West Coast city: PDX, SEA, LAX, SFO, YVR.
I think these airports are the best because from SFO you can choose to go to Dubai, or London. Or even Sydney or Tokyo. Peru or Mexico. Hawaii or Hong Kong.

I travel a lot so I tend to talk in airport code when referring to cities.
Attached Thumbnails
Which US airport has the most non-stop international flights?-seattle-wallpaper-seattle-2232636-1600-1200.jpg   Which US airport has the most non-stop international flights?-sydney-opera-house-harbour-bridge-australia   Which US airport has the most non-stop international flights?-phantom_ewb_interior_1_df_d.jpg  

Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Morningstar View Post
Which airport in the United States has the most non-stop international flight destinations?
My guess is that, as a percentage, Honolulu Hawaii has one of the highest amounts of non-stop int'l flights since anything flying there from the East or South would not layover on the mainland. But it's low as a goal number, since Hawaii just doesn't handle that many flights compared to JFK, OHare, etc...

Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 AM

83 posts, read 279,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
My guess is that, as a percentage, Honolulu Hawaii has one of the highest amounts of non-stop int'l flights since anything flying there from the East or South would not layover on the mainland. But it's low as a goal number, since Hawaii just doesn't handle that many flights compared to JFK, OHare, etc...
Well if you consider nonstop flights to Palau and the Federated States of Micronesia to be international....then I guess

Old 11-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer778 View Post
Well if you consider nonstop flights to Palau and the Federated States of Micronesia to be international....then I guess
Not to mention, let's see... Japan, Singapore and elsewhere in Asia, South America, Australia or Europe.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:32 PM

147 posts, read 280,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Not to mention, let's see... Japan, Singapore and elsewhere in Asia, South America, Australia or Europe.
I have NO IDEA where you get your information, but HNL does NOT have nonstop flights to Europe or anywhere in South America---OR EVEN Singapore!!
So...let's see... surfer778 was right.
[Mod cut: rude!!]

Last edited by elnina; 11-14-2013 at 06:18 PM..

Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah I've been there View Post
I have NO IDEA where you get your information, but HNL does NOT have nonstop flights to Europe or anywhere in South America---OR EVEN Singapore!!
So...let's see... surfer778 was right.
[Mod cut: rude!!]
Take it easy. I said it was all my GUESS, not fact and I'm doing research by posting here and looking at peoples' links at such. I don't know the answer yet that's why I'm on here. And by 'flights from Europe' or wherever I meant flights originating from Europe which I guessed would be going through some international airport outside of the US before landing in Hawaii in many cases. But maybe they all go through LAX, I don't know. Again, I'm just trying to figure it out. No one posted stats on Hawaii yet or brought up Hawaii as an international destination. What was your great contribution to the knowledge base, calling me stupid?

Last edited by elnina; 11-14-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel