Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 AM

112 posts, read 582,013 times

Advertisements

Grandparents are talking about taking the kids on a five day trip to WDW.
Between the value resorts, the kids have narrowed it down to Pop Century and the ASMovies. They both look nice to me so I said just flip a coin.
Is one resort better than the other? If so why? Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 11:19 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,431,877 times
Go to Trip Advisor, read the reviews, and decide which is a better fit for your family.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Kids and my folks already did that. They liked the oversized figures of Buzz, Woody, and Fantasia characters at the ASMovie. At the Pop they liked again, the oversized characters and the tye-dyed cheesecake.
Both had good reviews and the only complaints I really saw were about the slow bus system to and from the parks.
Pop looks much bigger and has three pools to choose from. ASMovies has great kid appeal with the different movie themes. My Son is a huge Toy Story fan. Grandparents might like Pop more but they said they did care, it's all about the kids. They're both value resorts so they're about the same in price. Pop was just slightly more.
Maybe we really should just flip a coin.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,605,155 times
Pop Century because of the busses! The All-Star resorts have their own busing system and Pop Century is on a different line. You will get back to your hotel faster if you are staying at Pop Century.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 PM

7,599 posts, read 6,103,045 times
We stayed at AS Music, I would point out that you get a clean room, smaller, no frills, the eatery is more cafeteria/mall style, very crowded. At the Mod resorts like Caribean or Port Orleans you pay more but get a slightly larger room,more choices of dining places. Swan is like staying in the Hilton by comparison.
Contemporary is nice because you can get on and off the monorail and it will take you to Epcot or Magic Kingdom in a matter of minutes. BUT it costs more.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:50 AM

Kids told me that the Pop had it's own buses, but guest were still complaining about them. We saw that near the the Pop, the newest hotel is opening, The Art of Animation. I wonder if it'll share the same buses with Pop Century?
Grandparents said they could pick a resort but it had to be a value one. Right now they're leaning toward Pop. Thx for the advice!

Old 05-31-2012, 05:17 AM

771 posts, read 1,461,399 times
Pop is newer, has its own buses, and it's a little bit closer to most parks than the All Stars. Personally, I would recommend Pop Century.

My favorite affordable resorts in WDW are the Downtown Disney hotels though, I love the fact that they are walking distance to Downtown Disney (and they are also walking distance to the Crossroads plaza outside Disney property), plus they are also served by Disney buses. But then again, I don't really like the Disney dining plans, and I usually find it more affordable to reserve an airplane + hotel package in Downtown Disney through Expedia, even without a dining plan. These hotels also offer higher quality accommodation than Disney's value resorts. That said, I've also stayed at the value resorts before, and they are good. A little overpriced for what they offer in my opinion, but good nonetheless.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:46 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,011,400 times
I wouldn't worry too much about the pools....while they may use them occasionally, they'll be so busy at the parks, the pools are an afterthought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel