Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Come to Wyoming; We're bum-free.

Jackson is rated as one of the top resorts in the world. I live near Cody, the eastern gateway to Yellowstone. Neither place has beggars or evidence of underclass vermin. If they come here I don't know what happens to them but we never see them.

Would you like to see what America was like fifty years ago? You can see it in Cody. Teenage girls are safe in our parks ay midnight. I am not exaggerating. But Cody is not a sleepy little town. We have the largest museum between Minneapolis and Seattle and a half million tourists. We have Yellowstone, the vacation of a lifetime for people from all over the world. Street crime is inconceivable; most people are armed.

Living here is a permanent vacation.
I beg to differ.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/us...omic-boom.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
There are so many replies to this thread so forgive me if this has already been suggested. First off there is nothing wrong with wanting to avoid bums on vacation, or anywhere else. Small towns tend to have few bums and homeless people so i would suggest vacationing in small town or rural areas. National parks, state parks are all good areas.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:23 AM

57 posts, read 102,076 times
Maldives and Seychelles.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I suggest a ski vacation. No bums there, too cold. And hotels start at $150 a night, the cheap ones!
Disneyworld is "bum free", they can't afford the ticket to get into utopia.
Ugh...we were having a nice lunch one time in San Diego, at a nice cafe, enjoying the sunny day eating at the patio. A bum walked up to the table next to us, where some people had just left, and starred drinking all the drinks on the table and shoving food in his mouth with his hands. It made me ill. And basically ruined our nice time. He was filthy, his smell was hideous, he moved on...but I remember that like it was yesterday, and it was 30 years ago.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
What's the difference between Wyoming and heaven?

You have to be dead to go to heaven.

Here are two different views.

wyoming sky - YouTube

Wyoming: Home of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks - YouTube

Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_fox13 View Post
I have a problem with homeless people hanging out by high end resorts and taking bath in the ocean while cussing, passing gas and begging vacationers for money…That is just so disturbing and offensive and ruins the day…
Is there any bum control in highly commercialized resorts in US or the Caribbean?
What would be the best place to go on vacation without being harassed by a homeless person?

UPDATE! I expressed myself harshly. So here is a little update before you attack and call me arrogant:

The "bums" I saw, were rude, they cussed and passed gas. They spit in a baby blue water. They weren't nice. There were drunk. That is what I would like to avoid.

Keep an open mind..................go to Aruba it is awesome. The only guy hawking stuff was the comedian funny guy selling aloe vera and I hate beggers too. Aruba is so much more safe than DR, Mexico, etc. It was horrible that Natalie Holloway was killed, but it was a fluke. If you get drunk and get in the car with a group of guys you don't know bad things happen, in the US too. My wife and I walked around after having some drinks and there was no problems at all and the snorkeling is the best in the world and I have been to Egypt, a lot of the Carribean, and Hawaii.

Aruba is really great for East Coast folks 4 hour flight. Bring lots of sunscreen it is sunny right at the Ecuador, just about.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM

353 posts, read 580,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I suggest a ski vacation. No bums there, too cold. And hotels start at $150 a night, the cheap ones!
Ugh...we were having a nice lunch one time in San Diego, at a nice cafe, enjoying the sunny day eating at the patio. A bum walked up to the table next to us, where some people had just left, and starred drinking all the drinks on the table and shoving food in his mouth with his hands. It made me ill. And basically ruined our nice time. He was filthy, his smell was hideous, he moved on...but I remember that like it was yesterday, and it was 30 years ago.
So that is exactly the issue I am bringing up. Bums that ruin a nice day by acting this way.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:53 PM

353 posts, read 580,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Keep an open mind..................go to Aruba it is awesome. The only guy hawking stuff was the comedian funny guy selling aloe vera and I hate beggers too. Aruba is so much more safe than DR, Mexico, etc. It was horrible that Natalie Holloway was killed, but it was a fluke. If you get drunk and get in the car with a group of guys you don't know bad things happen, in the US too. My wife and I walked around after having some drinks and there was no problems at all and the snorkeling is the best in the world and I have been to Egypt, a lot of the Carribean, and Hawaii.

Aruba is really great for East Coast folks 4 hour flight. Bring lots of sunscreen it is sunny right at the Ecuador, just about.
Thanks for suggestions. I have been to Aruba and loved the happy island

Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,172,745 times
ski towns are a good place so are national parks.

we saw 2 bums/panhandlers in a small MT ski town, they were quickly rounded up. we never saw them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

because the majority of them are vermin, it''s their life style and actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I don't refer to all citizens as underclass vermin, only the ones who are. People are not equal or do you think that Bill Gates is no better than someone who just got out of prison for child molesting?
The educated folks down on their luck don't act like the career, underclass vermin bum does.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
There are a lot of "bums" where I live. I can't pump gas or go get lunch without being asked for money. Sometimes it's annoying, but overall I'm very thankful life has been so good to me that I don't need to ask someone else for money. I see a big difference between homeless people and criminals. I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience somewhere along the way, but there are going to be people down on their luck everywhere you go.

Honestly there are a lot of people who aren't down on their luck (like you maybe) who I would put in a category way below those bums you're so upset about. Complaining about your vacation being ruined by bums is as shallow as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel