Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,675,422 times

Advertisements

I like Indianapolis new terminal, one of the newest in the country. Unfortunately they are not a hub for any airline at this time. I'm sure they could be, as expansion would be easily performed here.

SFO is also a nice airport with their newer international terminal. Their runway situations do create problems at times due to weather and cross-traffic.

Detroit has gone from one of the worst to the best with a newer terminal setup.

Minneapolis has expanded nicely with a good RTD system to get people around the massive terminal.

LA is doing a nice job with their new international terminal, but their domestics are stuck in the 60's.

Sea-Tac is a nice compact airport with great food choices, a nice central terminal with great views, and seems comfortable for most travelers.

What other U.S. airports are doing it right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,716,123 times
Orlando is the best one I've ever been to. It has the coolest design imo. It's also very clean and organized.

I also like the way that Denver's airport is designed. It's clean, large, and efficient.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,519,702 times
They all look the same to me but I hear Cincinnati has the best airport.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:52 PM

993 posts, read 1,769,081 times
I like Denver's a lot. I like how they have the A B C set up and the subway between them. Plus they have Panda Express in the A concourse I think.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 PM

27 posts, read 54,132 times
I like BOS, not because of the airport itself (that is very average, but getting better), but because it is served so well by public transportation that getting to/from the airport is incredibly easy. In terms of the terminals themselves, I like DTW the best: modern, open and easy to navigate.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 AM

16,397 posts, read 30,310,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
They all look the same to me but I hear Cincinnati has the best airport.

As a Cincinnati native, I like the airport, especially the murals that were rescued from the Union Terminal. It is a nice place to visit, but I don't want to fly there.

Like many, we fly into Louisville or Columbus as the Cincinnati airport has some of the highest fares in the nation.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,086,837 times
Orlando sucks. The majority of the food and shopping are in the main concourse, and security lines are offensively long, disorganized, and slow.

As a connecting airport, PHL has a lot to offer with good dining and shopping options to kill time with. PVD is probably the best regional airport with a couple decent dining options, although if you don't have FF status or a FC ticket, security lines can be slow. One major benefit is the enclosed sky bridge to the rental car garage, no need to trudge around in snow or rain.

I'm not a fan of SFO, and prefer the slightly tatty OAK for nicer employees and fast security.

EWR, MIA, ATL, LAX, and BOS are just major hassles, although BOS has good food options.

I know a lot of people hate ORD, but as a connecting airport it's not bad as long as you've got at least an hour.

I can't stand DCA, it's cramped, security is terrible, and the employees are beyond rude. DUL is the pits. BWI is always brutally hot.

IND is nice with a few decent food options and generally pleasant employees. Security there is usually pretty fast.

BDL is run down and desperately in need of an overhaul.

ALB is a nice little airport, there's a great art gallery with changing exhibits, although not much in the food department.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:24 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,501,912 times
I'm liking Charlotte these days. Nicely done. Excellent food options. Comfortable to wait for connections. Lowest on my list, in the USA: Miami. Awful, IMO. Lowest internationally: Rio de Janeiro. Not ready for 'prime time', nor the World Cup, nor the Olympics.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,108,367 times
My favorite connecting airports are DEN & DTW. MSP & CLT aren't bad either.

I'm pretty happy with my home airport (RDU) since they completed the new terminal. Nice design, decent food and a pretty good layout.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:36 PM

139 posts, read 169,902 times
DTW and DEN are awesome as far as major airports go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel