Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 10:09 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,422,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Interesting, that's one of the things I absolutely love when I'm out of this country. I hate the gigantic trucks & cars here.
same here. id take a small car anyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 03:17 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,881 times
I miss my cats.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:46 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,620,433 times
A good cup of black coffee (not some dinky little cup of expresso) and some US news / sports.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 PM

4,513 posts, read 5,065,438 times
I guess I'm the odd one out here, I don't miss anything ! I go on a trip to get away from daily life. When we travel we don't even turn a phone on, the only reason I carry one is to call the limo when I get back to the home airport. My biggest regret is that airfare is so damn expensive these days and I can't afford a yearly trip.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:13 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,290,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I guess I'm the odd one out here, I don't miss anything ! I go on a trip to get away from daily life. When we travel we don't even turn a phone on, the only reason I carry one is to call the limo when I get back to the home airport. My biggest regret is that airfare is so damn expensive these days and I can't afford a yearly trip.
I feel that way planning and going into the trip. After a while, though, I do start to get homesick!

Old 04-04-2015, 11:19 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,577,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I think the little Fiats and whatever else look so puny, and IMO they're more unsafe than an SUV. And many people's cars were filled to the brim with... stuff, I noticed, as we were being driven around by bus, higher than everyone else so I could see right into their cars. Perhaps they SHOULD buy bigger vehicles
I've only been out of the country twice, to Malaysia in '06 & then Nicaragua this past November. What you saw seems to be the norm in certain countries. While in Malaysia, tons of people drove mopeds or motorbikes & those things were piled high with either stuff or people. I'm talking one time I saw a moped with the driver & then 2 or 3 kids as well. It was crazy but I loved seeing stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
I miss my cats.
Aw, me too. I have a friend or two take care of my cat & one of my friends will make a point of emailing or texting me a picture of my cat to let me know that yes, he's alive & well. Strangely, my last trip to Nicaragua in November I didn't miss my cat that much. Or my friends or family, I guess I was having such a relaxing time that I didn't have the need to miss them, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
A good cup of black coffee (not some dinky little cup of expresso) and some US news / sports.
I had the best coffee at my little place I stayed at on Little Corn Island in Nicaragua. The cook just knew how to make it right I guess. Oddly, I also had the best ribs ever at a restaurant on that island too.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,770,934 times
I love international travel, but after some time I do miss the comforts of home. Not in any order, but here are a few.

1. Access to US Sports news.

2. Good Bar B Que like we have around Austin

3. Good Mexican food like in Austin (I would never eat Mexican food in Europe)

4. Large living space like I have at home.

5. My desktop computer.

6. My dog.

7. My cars.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:47 PM

30,666 posts, read 18,290,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I love international travel, but after some time I do miss the comforts of home. Not in any order, but here are a few.

1. Access to US Sports news.

2. Good Bar B Que like we have around Austin

3. Good Mexican food like in Austin (I would never eat Mexican food in Europe)

4. Large living space like I have at home.

5. My desktop computer.

6. My dog.

7. My cars.
I had to learn the hard way there The Mexican food that I've had in Europe has been horrendous! (Note, I'd try Mexican food in Spain, but that's about it).

Old 04-13-2015, 01:07 AM

26,661 posts, read 28,737,357 times
I don't miss anything except in a foreign language country where I can't get US news.

But in England I love the food, the smaller cars, the countryside, the small country where you can get around and see a lot more than in a huge country like the USA, the history. I get homesick when I leave and come home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel