Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:42 PM

32 posts, read 26,396 times

Advertisements

Please tell me which cities in Italy do you like the most? I'm planning to visit Italy in August 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 02:32 AM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times
all depends what are you looking for...

Old 01-12-2016, 04:17 AM

570 posts, read 605,190 times
For sightseeing Rome Florence Venice Naples etc
With eyes spanish Torino for live.
It is a city with little tourism,clean, safe with elegant people,with magnificent business, restaurants,bakeries coffee shops etc
It is very similar environment that I reminded me to my cities in the northern of Spain such as Oviedo,Bilbao etc and some locations of central europeans such as Lyon
Torino is the antipodes of Naples.Naples is wonderful and very interesting touristically but it is not what I want like for live and work every day.
Torino and Naples they look like belonging to two very different countries or nations.-
I think it is true that the Northern and Southern Italy are similar in their wonderful art and monuments
but are different in other things very important.
Fortunately or unfortunately not we found this city Torino easily in the typical italian tourist route.
I recommend this city that I love because it also has many magnificent things of art and monuments .-

Old 01-12-2016, 06:31 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,983,890 times
Venice, Orvieto, Bassano del Grappa (where my great-grandmother was born and raised), Asolo....and Rome is amazing, but just so crowded and busy.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:56 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,440,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
all depends what are you looking for...
Precisely.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:24 AM

988 posts, read 1,018,533 times
I absolutely love Venice and Florence, but having spent 10 days in Rome over the course of two different trips, I am not a big Rome fan. Amazing history and tourist attractions for sure, but it can be so busy, congested and intense, even in the shoulder season. That said, I'm glad that I have visited to see iconic places like the Colosseum and Vatican, but I'm not going back and have much fonder memories of Venice and Florence.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:25 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,796,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatjourneys View Post
Please tell me which cities in Italy do you like the most? I'm planning to visit Italy in August 2016.
This question is like asking what cities are the best to visit in the US. There are some obvious responses but unless we know what you're interested in and what you want to experience we can't really give you suggestions.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:30 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,430,778 times
Just a quick note, most (not all) of Italy takes the month of August off. Many hotels and restaurants are closed at this time.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:18 PM

32 posts, read 26,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
For sightseeing Rome Florence Venice Naples etc
With eyes spanish Torino for live.
It is a city with little tourism,clean, safe with elegant people,with magnificent business, restaurants,bakeries coffee shops etc
It is very similar environment that I reminded me to my cities in the northern of Spain such as Oviedo,Bilbao etc and some locations of central europeans such as Lyon
Torino is the antipodes of Naples.Naples is wonderful and very interesting touristically but it is not what I want like for live and work every day.
Torino and Naples they look like belonging to two very different countries or nations.-
I think it is true that the Northern and Southern Italy are similar in their wonderful art and monuments
but are different in other things very important.
Fortunately or unfortunately not we found this city Torino easily in the typical italian tourist route.
I recommend this city that I love because it also has many magnificent things of art and monuments .-
I just wanted to know your favorite places in Italy and there I got the RIGHT answer. Thank you Urdiales for writing up. I wished to visit Australia earlier but on my children's insistence I'm planning to tour Italy. Watched some Italy travel videos just for knowledge sake about the country.

I like greenery, calmness, windy places. I also like to do shopping. I hope Italy has everything what I like. Thank you for all your responses!

Old 01-13-2016, 04:07 AM

570 posts, read 605,190 times
Greatjurneys,-
They have reason their children a visit to Europe is priceless for their cultural education.
But I think you can combine his tastes with those of their children.
When go you to Venice can hire a car and there is a good motorway 1,5 hours can be planted in the famous
Station of Skiing Cortina D Ampezzo . In the mountains famous Dolomitas. For some mountaineers the Dolomitas are the most beautiful mountains in the World.

I think that you liked so much , sure that on other trip are encouraged to visit Austria and Switzerland two countries very rich next to Cortina who joint the nature,history and gastronomy and refinement that gives wealth and European exclusivity in this mountains.

Find abundant tourist information in internet (for example tripadvisor) .
Another option is to go to Turin and take a rent car for to go around lake Como another beautiful nature surrounded by rich mansions -.
I Also suggest you another trip in the future my country Spain that despite have more tourist that Italy
(70 millions this year) as is big is not as congested and also as Italy is filled of historical cities and from beautiful nature .

Addition Spain is the best country of Europe for Shopping cheaper that say interest to you.In late season discounts in Madrid they are discounts up 70% and is the dream of a fashion buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel