Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 03:04 PM

670 posts, read 480,049 times

Advertisements

kamban do you recommend staying in Malaga? I am now thinking maybe we should take out Valencia? That may help make some more time for the day trips and not feel too rushed. Is Valencia worth staying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 03:59 AM

570 posts, read 604,986 times
Phillygirl123.-
It is a good idea to add a day to Granada.-

Between S,Sebastian and Valencia are two magnificent cities .I would tell you to visit the 2.-

San Sebastian is a city completely different to the cities of Andalucia or Castilla .

S.S is in the North of Spain next to the Cantabrico Sea in the call Green of Spain. It is a area of Spain that is like another completely different country from the Spain of the South and of the Center .-

It is a beautiful city where enjoyed summer during the XIX Century the Real Court and they left their Palaces that gives special atmosphere of the "Belle epoque" to this charming city.-

Has a legendary beach in the Center of the City "La Concha" .-
It is a very rich city where many say it is the city where the world is best eaten.(A city that has more Michelin Stars than Paris).-
The bars of S.Sebastian.are a spectacle gastronomic.-

Valencia it is a Mediterranean city wonderful and there is that add that has the city of Arts a work of the famous architect Calatrava with things wonderful as at the largest aquarium in Europe.

It is a city full of Mediterranean light and of flowers. And They it is The third city of Spain in habitants.-

As for choosing between Marbella or Malaga to reside. I believe that I would
keep your first idea of living in Marbella because it is a good place for rest in beaches
of the Sunshine Coast and visit Puerto Banus which is a show of luxury extraordinary
of best in Europe,etc

I would be very grateful that you gave us your impressions of this wonderful trip when I finish it -

Old 11-11-2016, 05:43 AM

Oy so many places to go but I don't want to be rushed from one to the next. I am sure Valencia and San Sebastián are amazing but should I save that for another trip? Or should I remove something else from my itinerary ? Right now I have 6 cities we are staying in for 16 nights. Maybe 5 wouldn't be as crazy ?

Old 11-11-2016, 07:24 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
kamban do you recommend staying in Malaga? I am now thinking maybe we should take out Valencia? That may help make some more time for the day trips and not feel too rushed. Is Valencia worth staying?
We did not go to Valencia because it was a little bit out of thr way from the rest of the itinerary we had. Yes, there is the fast train from Madrid but it was still not a day trip. It is a great city for architecture but then most of our group were not that much into it.

Malaga might be a place for you to unwind a bit. It has beaches. A small Picasso museum. Old Medieval town with Roman ruins. Covered shopping plaza. It has a fast train from Madrid which takes 3 hours. And not far from Granada, Seville, Ronda and the southern small villages / towns.

I don't know how much a great beach is important to you since Marbella is better to Malaga in that respect. But if old town charm - certainly Malaga. If Marbella is cut then you don't need to go out of the way. You can rent a car from Malaga and use it to see Granada, go via the Andalucia towns to Seville and Cordoba and then fly out from Seville.

How do you plan to travel within Spain. I think a combination of fast trains, car and maybe a flight will work well. Buses / train for those short trips to the towns on the outskirts of Madrid -Segovia is easy to reach by a bus.

Don't make the mistake of taking the fast train from Seville to Barcelona. It was supposed to be a 6 hour ride but turned out to be 7.5 hours after the stopping for construction. In hindsight we should have flown or done it differently..

Old 11-11-2016, 11:50 AM

kamban- we were going to take trains/busses in between all. I think the longest ride is 3 hrs so not too bad. We would then take a flight from Malaga back to Barcelona to fly home.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:46 AM

To better guide you it would be convenient to know your tastes and interests.-

1)If you are interested in history,castles,Palaces great museums and the atmosphere of a Great City .
We recommend you, Madrid that is also a city with a night cheerful of the best Europe, .

Madrid has to less of near 1,5H several historical cities wonderful that are Patrimony of the Humanity awesome ,Toledo,segovia,Avila ,El escorial ,Aranjuez etc

2)If you are curious about international luxury of the most important in Europe
(Yachts ,cars and impressive mansions super luxury trade their place is Marbella and Puerto Banus in the Center of Coast of the Sun).

3)If you want to enjoy and Romantic and exotic cities Granada and Seville.-

Of other cities of Spain I already told you earlier .But maybe I have enough in this trip of so few days with this route

Old 11-14-2016, 06:00 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
I am planning our honeymoon to Spain in May for 16 nights. We are 30, like to travel around a lot and see new cities, eat, drink, walk around and some nightlife. We are not big museum people but enjoy visiting historical sites and exploring. How does this itinerary sound?

Barcelona- 3 nights
Valencia OR San Sebastian- 2 nights
Madrid - 4 nights- (day trip to Toledo)
Seville -3 nights- (day trip to Cordoba)
Granada- 1 night
Marbella - 3 nights

Am I missing any must see cities?? I went to Palma de Mallorca last time on our cruise and loved it. Is it worth it to return?

Thanks for any help!
The only one I haven't been to is San Sebastian and I hope to go there next time I go to Spain. Those are all worthwhile places in my mind to visit and I say the schedule looks about right from my perspective. If I were going to take any off the list, it would probably be Valencia.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
To better guide you it would be convenient to know your tastes and interests.-

1)If you are interested in history,castles,Palaces great museums and the atmosphere of a Great City .
We recommend you, Madrid that is also a city with a night cheerful of the best Europe, .

Madrid has to less of near 1,5H several historical cities wonderful that are Patrimony of the Humanity awesome ,Toledo,segovia,Avila ,El escorial ,Aranjuez etc

2)If you are curious about international luxury of the most important in Europe
(Yachts ,cars and impressive mansions super luxury trade their place is Marbella and Puerto Banus in the Center of Coast of the Sun).

3)If you want to enjoy and Romantic and exotic cities Granada and Seville.-

Of other cities of Spain I already told you earlier .But maybe I have enough in this trip of so few days with this route

I am actually interested in all of the above! But for #1 I am not that interested in museums. We like exploring historical sites and seeing palaces/castles/cathedrals. I have been to Madrid before and loved it. I think that is why I am having such a hard time narrowing down since we like all of the above.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:12 AM

We changed the schedule a little bit from above. Does this sound better? We took out Valencia/San Sebastian and added a day to Granada and Marbella.

Barcelona- 3 nights
Madrid - 4 nights- (day trip to Toledo)
Seville -3 nights- (day trip to Cordoba)
Granada- 2 nights
Marbella - 4 nights- w road trip to ronda/estopena/malaga

Old 11-14-2016, 03:08 PM

I like this reduction of your trip-.

In another occasion,In other years .you can visit,Valencia,San sebastian,Bilbao,Avila Segovia,Salamanca,Santiago de Compostela,El escorial,etc etc etc.-Are very different cities that the cities you going to see in this trip but also wonderful cities of Spain.-

Today , I will try to give you a few clues of the cities usually that do not explain to tourists in the Guides.-

The recommend going Toledo in a high speed train, because in will only it takes 1/2 H from Madrid.-

Of Madrid to Marbella I suggest also to go in high speed train because only it takes take 2h 1/2h to Malaga.
Also I recommend you to take a Car in Malaga without a driver until Marbella and with this car in successive days visit Granada,Puerto Banus ,Soto Grande,the beaches of the Coast of the Sun, and the white villages etc.-

From Madrid to Seville you can to go also, in high speed train (AVE) 2h 1/2 h from Madrid.
In the midle of this route this Cordoba.-

In Granada should visit the Alhambra in first hour in the morning to avoid the mass of tourists that spoil your visit .-Must Buy the tickets with advance of several days .-

In this city should visiting in the night and dine in some restaurant who can the recommend and solicite in the hotel for the Albaycin a hill in front of Alhambra with an extraordinary views near of the Mirador the San Nicolas.(lookout of S.Nicolas)

The President Clinton commented that here he had seen the best sunset in his life

In Granada there are many most that the Alhambra and the Cathedral, for example there are dozens, of wonderful baroque churches .- You can not miss, the Cartuja and the Basilica of San Jhon of God(San Juan de Dios).The richest church covered with gold bread that you will see,possibly in your life.-(Only open in few hour of afternoon and very few tourists know it ,I suspect that there is not many interest in teach her.-
If he manages to see her this Church ,you will surely the always remember iT

HAPPY TRAVEL, BY SPAIN
-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel