Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 PM

992 posts, read 876,254 times

Advertisements

If there is any way you could take the first Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off, you'd be able to add a whole weekend to your trip and go from Saturday-Monday (10 days) instead of Thursday-Monday (4 days), gaining 5 days of vacation with just 3 more off work. If this requires you coming back one or two days earlier (Saturday-Sunday, 9 days) and you wont miss the graduation--just pick it. Besides, you will want to visit one of the greatest places on earth--California--if at all you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,421 times
I went to Australia for 3 days, 24 hr travel each way. It's doable. But I came back on Friday and had a weekend to rest before work. Going to work the next day after trip will be very difficult. Give yourself at least a day off.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:20 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
It's doable...but in addition to what others have posted I'd consider asking your primary doctor whether you should be on a blood thinner with that much flying in that short of a time period. Blood clots would be a concern I'd have.

Also I'd get a prescription sleeping pill to take on the flights and expect to be exhausted. Caffeine will help.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:47 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandis View Post
My,question is how can one survive two 20 hour journeys in four days.
A little bit of whiplash might be good for you. :-)

I fly between Dubai and Washington DC frequently. You kind of just "do it." Make sure to keep up your blood circulation by rotating your arms, feet, head, etc., every so often.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:26 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
It's doable...but in addition to what others have posted I'd consider asking your primary doctor whether you should be on a blood thinner with that much flying in that short of a time period. Blood clots would be a concern I'd have.

Also I'd get a prescription sleeping pill to take on the flights and expect to be exhausted. Caffeine will help.

THIS above, plus I wouldn't drive afterwards until you know you have got enough sleep and your body has adjusted to the time difference. My husband went to China for work and fell asleep at the wheel when he got back. He survived the accident, but was seriously hurt!! Exhaustion is real, don't assume your body can handle it!

Old 02-25-2017, 06:21 PM

317 posts, read 373,909 times
Driving here in Kuwait is not for the faint hearted and taxis are busses are plentiful. Im a native Californian and in the bay area and it isn't for the faint hearted either (all the congestion). Yeah business class might be worth the extra 3k round trip-)

Old 03-02-2017, 09:22 PM

28 posts, read 17,306 times
If you have regular habit of doing journeys then you will survive or you can take good sleep..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel