Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 01:14 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Agreed to both.. Brussels is a good city to visit for a few days. Copenhagen is one of my favorite cities I have ever been to. In fact, we are going again in December.
When I originally tried to plan this trip last summer, I considered Copenhagen. For some reason I changed my mind on it, I think because of reading how expensive it was, and how far away it was from Amsterdam and other cities I was planning to visit. Transportation to there seemed inconvenient. Still open to ideas specifically on transportation within Europe (websites), as this is what I'm worried about wasting time and money on. I need to book this asap, certainly before this weekend for pricing and so I can start planning each leg of the trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 01:21 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Re the bolded - yes, yes, yes!

... and yes to this too!

OP - you could consider this itinerary - Amsterdam for as long as you're already booked in for; then daytime train to Copenhagen. Going to Copenhagen on the train is great fun - the train actually drives into the ferry (the ferry has train tracks) at the German port. Then you get off the train and walk up a couple of decks so you can enjoy the 45-minute crossing, before getting back on the train to continue to Copenhagen

If it were me (and with the benefit of actually having done the trip a few times), I would take the train from Amsterdam to Hamburg. It's a comfy 5.5-ish hours trip (and plenty of times to choose from so you won't need to leave at some ungodly hour of the day or night). Although I wouldn't choose to spend multiple days in Hamburg, you can spend the rest of the day/evening having a look around, and overnight there. Then hop on another train from Hamburg to Copenhagen the next morning.

But if you're up for an early start and an 11-ish hour train ride, you can do the trip all in one go (though you have to change trains at Hamburg).

Copenhagen is fabulous! Stay somewhere near the Tivoli Gardens - we spent most evenings there on our visits - live music, lots going on, multiple eating places, fireworks etc. Being alone there is absolutely fine; you'll just be one of the crowd!
I made that last post before reading this. OK, looking into it! Maybe I'll just do those 3 cities and fly back from Copenhagen if I can...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel