Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 09:44 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
There is no hotel in downtown Louisville anything close to what you posted. Unless your visit was 5 years ago, but even so, it's an exaggeration. Louisville has an absolute hotel boom and very literally every downtown hotel has been renovated in the last 3-5 years if its not new.

Louisville has 28 hotels under construction or in development right now. So again, musty cigarrette hotels in downtown Louisville? Sorry, it's not true. The worst hotel, the Econo Lodge, isn't even that awful.

I get what you are saying though. You have to be careful on priceline but I usually put 4 stars and never had any issues.

It was about ten years ago and yes, it was exactly as I described. I don't want to name it here but I will drop a hint and if you're from the area you will know. It was called The _______ House and it was an older hotel by the river that had been partially renovated at the time, hopefully it is completely renovated now.

It is possible, because this has happened to us before when we used a discount travel broker and got a reduced rate, that they put us in the worst wing of the building that obviously hadn't been renovated yet, because it was a pretty large hotel. The wing our room was in had dark 1960s paneling on the walls in the hallway, reeked of smoke, and the furniture in the room was 1960s white French Colonial with gold accents that was badly beaten up and scuffed. There was a colonial style rocking chair in the room with green tufted upholstery that looked like something out of "Leave it to Beaver". The bathroom was disgusting. Word for word, this is what we found. I have no reason to embellish, I have nothing against Louisville, it is a lovely city, this hotel just happened to be located there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 AM

747 posts, read 840,018 times
I travel extensively for work and have rated a few places on line. However, after the scandal created by Trip Advisor, I no longer do so.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
I travel extensively for work and have rated a few places on line. However, after the scandal created by Trip Advisor, I no longer do so.
Scandal?

Old 02-22-2018, 10:37 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
I leave reviews all the time and make a point to offer praises of fictional employees that have gone out of their way for me like; "Nicholas the Bellboy who drove us in the hotel shuttle to an after hours speakeasy out in the woods while he waited at the van shooting squirrels out of the trees, while wearing night vision goggles with the AK-47 he keeps under his seat."

I imagine the director of marketing really gets a kick out of these.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:21 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
I rate hotels on Yelp and Tripadvisor.com I find these sights give the best reviews by REAL people. I also look at these when I'm looking for reviews for my own travel.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:01 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
I have a TripAdvisor account and always try to leave a review of a hotel I stayed in or a restaurant I ate at. Just getting back from Japan and Guam, so have to play catch up in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel