Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 04:08 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

The thing is, people will continue to pay these prices because of the Disneyland name and brand. I myself haven't gone in decades, though this place used to be my favorite place to go as a kid.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193913703.html
Quote:

Disneyland Resort increased prices Sunday of daily tickets, annual passes and parking. The Los Angeles Times noted that the increase went into effect less than a year after Disneyland marked up prices by as much as 18 percent.

It now costs $104 for a customer to spend a single day at a single park, either Disneyland or California Adventure on days deemed to be in low demand. (As a way of trying to keep crowd size down, Disneyland theme parks have charged more on high-demand days, such as weekends or peak vacation dates, since 2016.) Tickets for days that are deemed to be in regular demand will now cost $129 instead of $117, while the most popular dates available will run fans a cool $149 per ticket. They were previously $135.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 05:50 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Disney is a choice in life, not a requirement. If you can’t afford it; don’t go.

And you’re right, these prices won’t stop people from visiting

Old 01-09-2019, 06:04 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,117,552 times
Now they won't need to stock the shelves with as much merchandise. People tend to spend about the same; when they have less expensive tickets they buy more hats and t-shirts. With more expensive tickets they pass by the stores.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:31 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Now they won't need to stock the shelves with as much merchandise. People tend to spend about the same; when they have less expensive tickets they buy more hats and t-shirts. With more expensive tickets they pass by the stores.
Not really. The admission tickets are frequently purchased in advance (particularly in the case of multi-day trips to DL or WDW). People aren't thinking about what they paid a month or two ago to purchase tickets when they're looking at all the fun merch right in front of them.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:01 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,117,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not really. The admission tickets are frequently purchased in advance (particularly in the case of multi-day trips to DL or WDW). People aren't thinking about what they paid a month or two ago to purchase tickets when they're looking at all the fun merch right in front of them.

Maybe we're unusual, then. We have a budget for vacations and bigger ticket amusements and pay attention to things like that. But I guess there are lots of different ways to visit a theme park.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,082,380 times
Supply and demand. There's a reason that, in spite of the high ticket prices, Disney has some of the most visited theme parks in the world. My parents used to take me frequently growing up, but I haven't set foot in their parks since 2002. Just not my cup of tea; I care more about awesome, high-thrill rides and roller coasters when it comes to amusement/theme parks rather than "magic". But obviously, the general public doesn't agree with that opinion .

Old 01-09-2019, 09:45 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,551,394 times
I had never been to Disneyland until I took my kindergartener there last year for her birthday. For all the expense and hassle (and it was on a "peak" day during school vacation), it was probably one of the most fun and memorable days we've ever had.

I can only speak for our family, but we would have been willing to pay more.

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 01-09-2019 at 09:57 AM..

Old 01-09-2019, 10:23 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,717,255 times
This is interesting.

The price has been increasing, plus Disney has invented a bunch of other experiences that cost a ton of money.

Yet the park is still crowded.

I can't afford it. But there are plenty of well off people who can afford Disney. Unlike housing and health care, Disney experience isn't a necessity. Maybe it's time to invest in their stock.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:37 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,187,418 times
It's not worth the price of admission IMO, and admission just keeps going up and up. I can find plenty of amusement parks that are cheaper, and have better rides. You're paying for the Disney name. I doubt we'll go again, I can plan a better vacation for my family for less money. Yes, we have good memories of going there when the kids were little, but they're older now, they want the fast adrenaline fueled rides, and the crowds there are insane, Disneyland is out, Knott's Berry farm, or Magic Mountain is in.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:41 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,717,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
It's not worth the price of admission IMO, and admission just keeps going up and up. I can find plenty of amusement parks that are cheaper, and have better rides. You're paying for the Disney name. I doubt we'll go again, I can plan a better vacation for my family for less money. Yes, we have good memories of going there when the kids were little, but they're older now, they want the fast adrenaline fueled rides, and the crowds there are insane, Disneyland is out, Knott's Berry farm, or Magic Mountain is in.
I won't go to Disney again.

But I think maybe Disney should raise the prices even more aggressively to reduce the lines. There are plenty of people who are willing to pay 200-300 a day if they don't have to wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel