Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 09:07 AM

669 posts, read 321,195 times

Advertisements

Philippines is more about the vibe as well, and feeling 'rich' given the purchasing power. In proper season, around Dec. to March, it is beautiful in most places. And most of the islands/waterways, are actually amazing because it is the most 'protected' water from the main island from major waves. Basically slow your life down if that's what you're looking for.

Now I'm not sure if you're male or female, but there are plenty of men in their 60s and 70s with younger gfs or something, who look like they're feeling young again. Not judging or anything but just saying, they seem to have found that fountain of youth that works for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 04:09 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
there are plenty of men in their 60s and 70s with younger gfs or something
Yep. Same in Thailand, Cambodia, etc. SE Asia is like the intl magnet for really old white guy meets younger brown girl.

I think most of them know what they are getting into in those relationships and what it is about them that is attracting the other, I'm sure there is the occasional senior citizen who thinks his charming personality is what makes him appealing to woman 30 years younger in 3rd world countries but that's probably the exception. As long as they are both adults (and usually the woman is in her 30s or 40s) good on them.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:33 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
I'm female. Funny story along these lines....my uncle who had divorced my aunt decided life would be better for him with an Asian woman. So, he finds a woman in China, marries her and brings her to the states. Surprise! She has a daughter she never told him about that she brings to live with them. She was a doctor, so highly educated - and he was not. She turned out to be extremely demanding and ended up running his household in a way my aunt never did LOL. So, like the old Aretha Franklin song says...who's zoomin' who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel