Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 08:55 AM

204 posts, read 145,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Did you see the article of the woman who flew with $80,000+ which was confiscated by the TSA?

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202001150141

Don't be stupid, get a banker check.

What if the buyer claims you stole it and never paid the full amount? Why not protect yourself?
80k??? That's a whole different situation....7 to 8k is nowhere near...If I had that's much I'd fly up and buy and have shipped same day back home.....
I here you on the accusation of theft...but won't a bill of sale cover that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 09:01 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisjay2 View Post
80k??? That's a whole different situation....7 to 8k is nowhere near...If I had that's much I'd fly up and buy and have shipped same day back home.....
I here you on the accusation of theft...but won't a bill of sale cover that ?
This thing is still on the table? (FS?)

I do this all the time, and several people have done it multiple times while we have been discussing.

Yes, Bill of sale will be adequate, as well as PO registering "Report of sale" (which is usually done online / immediate). You can watch them do that before you depart to be sure. Then you will be recorded as the current (liable) owner.

There are enough ways to legitimize the transaction (safely, and financially).

Easier to do on a weekday (with DMV open) but not necessary.

I will not publicly disclose the ways I utilize different techniques to pull this off, but I do the flight, transaction, and arrive home safe and secure in my new vehicle. (no disasters so far).

Old 02-01-2020, 09:03 AM

Pi
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Good place to hide a body ( sorry been reading too many crime novels)
Ha..novels are from a writer's view of there thoughts and purpose to entertain.....it's not like going to a Texas chainsaw massacre house out in boonies.....it's a neighbor hoods and public area....and family living there....I know how to do things I've learn a lot from the streets in younger days.....Just now a lot is technical...if I could find someone to ride with me would make a lot easier to drive back.....

Old 02-01-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
This thing is still on the table? (FS?)

I do this all the time, and several people have done it multiple times while we have been discussing.

Yes, Bill of sale will be adequate, as well as PO registering "Report of sale" (which is usually done online / immediate). You can watch them do that before you depart to be sure. Then you will be recorded as the current (liable) owner.

There are enough ways to legitimize the transaction (safely, and financially).

Easier to do on a weekday (with DMV open) but not necessary.

I will not publicly disclose the ways I utilize different techniques to pull this off, but I do the flight, transaction, and arrive home safe and secure in my new vehicle. (no disasters so far).

I hear you......thanx for your input.....
That's the fastest I've ever seen a response..I didn't recognize you responded while I'm still on other posts.....
Yes it's still on the table...it's a truck..with manual transmission in good shape....many prefer automatic....I favor manuals......Yeah I thought about weekday..everything is open business hour wise.....

Old 02-01-2020, 09:12 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisjay2 View Post
I hear you......thanx for your input.....
That's the fastest I've ever seen a response..I didn't recognize you responded while I'm still on other posts.....
I've never been FAST on internet... very expensive ... yes.. (Pay-per-byte-dial-up in remote cabin)

Easier and faster to buy a car remotely than to 'log-in'...

Old 02-01-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I've never been FAST on internet... very expensive ... yes.. (Pay-per-byte-dial-up in remote cabin)

Easier and faster to buy a car remotely than to 'log-in'...
Remote cabin? That's a new one to me...I kinda understand I think.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel