Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 01:26 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times

Advertisements

Ok I just joking,

I would like to go to Canada before winter is over to partake in some winter/snow sports. And then maybe to California, LV, again. I like to see some big sky country. MSM has really been pushing those areas with Longmire, Yellowstone etc etc.

I like to drive to these destination. Driving cross country has always been an goal of mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 09:28 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
Not all counties allow Americans (as well as other nationalities in) either at all or will require a strict quarantine. I wanted to visit family in the Cayman Islands and would have had to stay in quarantine for two weeks, and have two tests in order to leave quarantine. They have a strict entry and monitoring process, and it possible that they wouldn't let us in if we planned on staying less than 14 days.
The Cayman Islands aren't a part of Mexico.

I haven't really looked into the details of Mexico since I don't plan to travel there anytime soon, but it doesn't seem like there are different restrictions in different counties(or did you mean states?), and no one I know has had to quarantine before, after, or during their trip.

Old 12-13-2020, 02:20 AM

2,127 posts, read 1,797,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The Cayman Islands aren't a part of Mexico.

I haven't really looked into the details of Mexico since I don't plan to travel there anytime soon, but it doesn't seem like there are different restrictions in different counties(or did you mean states?), and no one I know has had to quarantine before, after, or during their trip.
I have been to Mexico since the pandemic started and they did not require a quarantine, however my point was that not all counties are allowing Americans in, and that there ARE different restrictions for different countries.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:06 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,229,238 times
Looking forward to returning to New Zealand whenever they open up to Americans again. Will probably do a long stopover in the Cooks on the way.

Old 12-13-2020, 10:21 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
I really want to take a trip to see the Northern Lights. Either in Fairbanks or Churchill Canada. You can see polar bears there too. Why not kill two bucket list items at the same time? We will try to go in 2022. No more rental properties to worry about and only one demanding high maintenance Yorkie to worry about. I have to find the perfect pet sitter.

Old 12-13-2020, 10:31 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,033,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I have been to Mexico since the pandemic started and they did not require a quarantine, however my point was that not all counties are allowing Americans in, and that there ARE different restrictions for different countries.
Counties where? In the states? In Mexico? Your use of the word ‘counties’ is what’s making your posts confusing.

Countries are letting Americans in but with certain restrictions.

Old 12-13-2020, 01:31 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,310,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Looking forward to returning to New Zealand whenever they open up to Americans again. Will probably do a long stopover in the Cooks on the way.
Unlikely to be until 2022. They will not open to Australians even though most states here are open to them. If they come here they have to quarantine for fourteen days when they go home. That is in the context of there not having been a single case of the virus, other than in hotel quarantine, in Australia in the past week. NZ is being extremely cautious and when they do open they will be overwhelmed with tourists so it will be super expensive, I imagine.

Old 12-13-2020, 01:43 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Which countries will welcome USA visitors?

Probably Mexico (by necessity)

Will there be an immunity passport required? (No way is spouse ever going to take a vaccine!). Could be solo travel for next 10 yrs.

Doubt NZ or Australia will be open. (I need a southern hemisphere winter destination). With lots of countryside.

Covid is a good opportunity to learn additional languages for future travel!
Gotta keep the dream alive.

Been to 12 states recently, safely, but not nearly as much fun as meeting and staying with new people everyday.

Covid is a blip, but will cast a spell on the USA for 24 months after first vaccine successes. Most neighbors and many friends still think it is a left wing hoax that disappeared on Nov 4.
We and friends have already been to Cancun in September with no issues.

Old 12-13-2020, 01:58 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Will welcome? They already do. I know people who have traveled to Mexico for vacation over the past few months.
We are going to Cabo in March.

Old 12-13-2020, 02:40 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,738 posts, read 58,090,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
We are going to Cabo in March.
tough to beat the <$100 fares (+ one flies for free for entire yr on SWA annual companion pass) so we booked PV and Cabo

Also have HI booked a few times (Will test in lieu of quarantine)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel