Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 PM

899 posts, read 2,943,447 times

Advertisements

Hello
Has anyone ever stayed at Lake Quinault Lodge in Washington state.
We live a few hours south of there and are thinking on spending some time there in mid-september
Do you like it
How was the food at the resturant
Would you go back..
thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 03:34 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,106,676 times
Hi. I think you'd get more response in the WA forum, but I've stayed there, loved every minute, didn't care about the food which was very nice. If I could live there for the rest of my life, I would...

I'd also suggest you check TripAdvisor dot com. Travelers report their experiences for everywhere in the world. This will open to the Lake Quinault Lodge page:
Lake Quinault Lodge (Quinault, WA) - B&B Reviews - TripAdvisor
and the Quinault area:
Quinault Tourism - Quinault Vacation Reviews - Quinault Vacations - TripAdvisor
You can type wherever you want to go into the Search bar, upper left on TripAdvisor pages, and all the info will come up. E.g., Forks WA or Grays Harbor WA.

For me, the Quinault Rain Forest is the most transforming place on earth...
Hope you have as breathtakingly beautiful a time on the peninsula as I always do!

Last edited by allforcats; 07-06-2008 at 03:44 PM..

Old 07-06-2008, 04:24 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,983,321 times
Thanks to AllForCats and several others on the Washington state forum, we went to Lake Quinault on a trip to the Olympic Peninsula in May of this year. We didn't stay in the lodge, but passed by it several times every day and went inside just to see it one day. It is a gorgeous place on a totally enchanting lake. We decided not to eat there (we were trying to keep our costs down,) but the menu looked delicious. I highly recommend visiting Lake Quinault, whether you stay in the lodge or not. We took trips up both the north and south forks of the Quinault River and were happy to see several bears and elk.

Just to let you know, Quinault Lodge has been doing some fairly major renovations, and the lobby was closed off when we were there in May. We wish we could have seen the lobby.

Also, you might want to do a search here on CD for Lake Quinault. On the thread where AllForCats gave me so much information, after our trip, I posted some photos.

Have a great trip!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM

To both of you thank you for the heads up on the lodge renovation, I was wondering to on the food..We live in Salem so not that far to see an area we haven't visited before..
We are looking for somewhere different just to hide for a few days...
Will let you know if we do go.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:02 PM

Mamh, here's the thread -- LOADED with info!! -- that Cmacf1 suggested you look for:
//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...sula-plus.html

At the opposite end of the price scale, and very very rural in nature, and right there in the midst of the wonder:
The Hoh Humm Ranch
When you look at the website, give it a try in TripAdvisor. Amazing place... very bare bones B&B, old farmhouse, lots of goats, dogs, cowies, llamas, hummingbirds, chickens... Ordinary eggs and toast for breakfast. Your foodie experiences will be at Kalaloch resort, Lake Quinault resort, Lake Crescent resort, the McDonald's in Forks, Hard Rain Cafe' cheeseburgers at the entrance to the Hoh Rain Forest, etc. If you're interested in the foodie aspects of the western side of the peninsula, I'd be glad to help.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:25 PM

Going to have hubbie check all this out later tonight..The Hoh Humm Ranch is definite No but like the Rain Forest resort..Does the Salmon place serve breakfast and lunch too..
Thanks so much
Later

Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 PM

I have friends who stayed at the Quinault Rain Forest Resort Village last year, found it comfortable, beautiful, peaceful, and came back happy with their choice.
Lake Quinault's Rain Forest Resort Village
The Salmon House, the restaurant in the Village, is very famous; their prices seem reasonable, given their hard-to-get-supplies-to location, and their food seems to get good reviews:
Salmon House

Old 07-06-2008, 06:40 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,983,321 times
We stayed at the Rain Forest Resort Village and I'd suggest staying in one of the cabins, not at the little motel they have, unless you're really into saving money. I think we paid $60 a night which is really inexpensive. The cabins look nice and are right within view of the lake (so is the motel.) The motel was totally fine, just not luxurious. The Salmon restaurant there is totally delicious, but I believe that it was only open for dinner (this was in May, so it wasn't high season -- it may be open more in the busy season, though I'm not sure September would be considered busy season.) We had a wonderful couple of meals (lunches and one informal dinner) practically across the street from the lodge at a little market that has wireless access -- I can't remember the name of the place. It's a little bit further down the road from the lodge. The people who run the place were very friendly and gave us lots of ideas where to go and what to do (in addition to all the great places Allforcats gave us!!!)

Thanks AllforCats for finding that link -- I had a cat on my lap and 2 kids who were hungry for dinner when I wrote that last post! Now they're in bed, so I can write to my heart's content!

If you do go to Lake Quinault, you must do the 1 mile long nature trail. SOOOOOO gorgeous and ethereal. One day, we got a picnic lunch at a cafe out on the main road and ate lunch on the bridge way way upstream -- the bridge crosses over the from the north to south side of the river and you get a gorgeous view both up and downstream. At one point I looked down and saw bearprints in the sand on the edge of the water. Then after lunch is when we saw our first bear :-).

Beautiful loons on the lake, also. Now I'm wishing we could come back there!!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 06:56 PM

Hi again
I really liked what I saw at Rain Forest Resort Village and the cabins looked great..
This is all food for thought.
A cat on your lap, two cocker spaniels under foot now..
Have a happy week everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel