Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 10:41 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5
Describe your favorite vacation of all time.
Ok i will

One time we went to florida (Stayed in kissimi) and I went to Pizza hut and had yummy Macaroni Salad!! (They got rid of it where I live here so I was happy the guy had it there)

I really dont like vacations very much...... I dunno......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 01:48 PM

988 posts, read 1,018,194 times
My best vacations:

-2004 honeymoon to Venice, Florence and Rome. 10 days of perfect weather and the first time in Europe for both my wife and me. Truly a magical experience that opened our eyes to international tourism.
-2010 trip to Istanbul, Turkey. Spent a full week exploring this capital city with its amazing architecture and history. Expanded our comfort zone to feel that we could now visit places that before seemed impossible.
-2011 trip to Iceland. Absolutely stunned by the natural beauty, the food, and the hospitality of the people. Stayed overnight at the Blue Lagoon; rode Icelandic horses; visited the Golden Circle, and even caught a brief glimpse of the Northern Lights.
-2013 babymoon to Oahu, Hawaii. Although we're not beach people, we had an incredible time spending 10 days on Oahu while my wife was 4.5 months pregnant. Rented a car and explored the entire island. Could not have been a happier experience as a final big vacation before the birth of our daughter.
-Our next trips - going to Aruba in March with our now 15 month old daughter, and going to Italy in October with my mother, my wife's mother, and our then to be 2 year old daughter. Cannot wait.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Spring Training final week in Scottsdale, Az in 2012. Best friends there, saw them at night, got to 6 games in 5 parks during the day, and in the press box for 2 of them for a while via friends.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Spring Training final week in Scottsdale, Az in 2012. Best friends there, saw them at night, got to 6 games in 5 parks during the day, and in the press box for 2 of them for a while via friends.
though Spring training wouldn't be my favorite vacation, I do agree, there are many exciting things for us baseball fans and sometimes the simplist vacations can be the best.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:01 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
We went to Istanbul last year for just over a week and it was fantastic. Great history, culture, food and the people were great as well. A lot of friends and coworkers told us we were crazy for going because "they" hate Americans but we did not find this to be the case at all

Old 01-02-2015, 05:26 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
This is difficult for me to limit to just one. I guess visiting Egypt would probably be at the top of the list. So much history there it's really mind-boggling. Others that rate very high: Machu Picchu, Angkor Wat, Iguazu Falls, safari in Tanzania, Rome.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:10 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
I've been to many places in the US and overseas over a stretch of many years. Most of the trips were expensive, time consuming and often tiring in terms of long flights. The best vacation I ever took was almost 50 years ago with my parents and brother.

We rented a cabin on a small lake in Michigan. The cabin lease included a small boat with an outboard motor. My mother bought groceries in the little town nearby and we cooked and ate our meals in the cabin.

We spent hours on the lake enjoying the sunshine, exploring the shoreline and fishing. Never a dull moment for the entire week. My parents are gone now but I remember them and that special vacation we took so many years ago.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:36 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Can't pick one favorite. I've always lived in Massachusetts.

As an adult after the kids were out of the house: Twice traveled to Oahu. Three times to St Maarten. Three Caribbean cruises. Those would by my "exotic" favorites.

As a teenager, drove around the country several times over several summers with my parents in a camper towing a boat. Seeing the country like that, driving for 5 weeks, was phenomenal. Also took the entire Trans-Canadian highway on one trip.

Plus many local camping trips growing up, and now have a camper of my own.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:06 AM

82 posts, read 151,262 times
I have some wonderful vacation memories and they are up there for various reasons:

1) As a kid, Disney World. We didn't get to vacation much until I was about 12, so the time I got to go to Disney when I was 6 was very special.

2) Hilton Head Island, SC: is still one of my favorite places. We have been probably 7-8 times since I was 12 and hope to be able to go every year if I can.

3) England and Scotland: family trip, my parents, aunt, uncle, cousins, NY now husband and cousin's grandmother. We had a lot of great memories and laughs. Watch out for the Griswolds!

4) Germany and Austria: another family trip. Some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever experienced.

5) Aruba for my honeymoon: just perfect

6) Week in August,Vail, CO: gorgeous, slept with Windows open, could walk everywhere, weather was perfect

7) Southern Caribbean cruise with my DH: so relaxing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel