Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:55 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,288,355 times

Advertisements

Read books
Crosswords
draw
but the thing I like to do most is people watch and listen to conversations. Sometimes I write down material I hear people talking about and turn it into stories. Often I will illustrate a story based on someone sitting close to me on the plane or waiting at the gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:43 PM

42 posts, read 789,073 times
Meditation!
http://images.allnurses.com/smilies/added/deadhorse.gif (broken link)

Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
I'd much rather fly that "stingy" low-cost Ryanair than pay whatever ridiculous amount American A charged you for their great service.

It was about 700 $ (coach), expensive but not that much.
I'd rather pay that and have good service and travel with well-behaved co-passengers and not the ragtag you can find on low cost.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:55 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
Hmmm.. Ryanair is a special story, maybe more comparable with Southwest, the godfather of Low-Cost-Airlines, but did you ever fly with British Airways, Lufthansa, Luxair etc.? The service is not too bad, and on transatlantic routes I try to avoid AA. Lufthansa or British Airways are nice, next time I have to fly with Delta but only because of an "errorfare" about $240 DUS-ATL-SFO-ATL-DUS.
Asian or arabic Airlines (Like Thai, Singapore, Cathay, Emirates, Qatar, Gulf Air) are very good on longhaul flights.

And the behavior of the passengers needs not to be god, only because of higher prices or "better" airlines. On my last flight from JFK to London, with British Airways, there were some Britains complaining about the seatback of the person in front of them "do it into an upright position, this is to close to my head, i want so watch the movie, don't do this again...blabla", some kind of kindergarden.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:00 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,491 times
Reading a few of these posts disturbed me. First of all, for the passenger who said the thing about the human head in the First Class cabin...come on! What sort of fantasy is that? First of all, do you think we don't get paperwork on exactly who is supposed to be in the First Class cabin? of COURSE we do..and we do NOT just upgrade people. We are not allowed to, especially for such a long flight. Why do you think its so expensive? We are only catered for the proper number of first class passengers, etc. Also, we have extremely strict rules about human remains/organ transport. There are laws regarding that sort of thing. NO flight crew would EVER believe the cooler thing. Gimme a break!

Also, PLEASE do NOT ask the FA's to upgrade you to those "empty" First Class seats. If you ask, the answer will be no. It happens to me all the time and I have to explain that its just not something we do...although I will upgrade a service man in uniform. They are always welcome to an empty First class seat on my flights. I always check with them to be sure they are enroute for their job and not just pleasure travel...but if they are, come on up!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
Quote:
Also, PLEASE do NOT ask the FA's to upgrade you to those "empty" First Class seats. If you ask, the answer will be no. It happens to me all the time and I have to explain that its just not something we do..
LOL, are there really people who think an upgrade is for free, if the seats are empty? Why do any person book First class then?

Next week I will ask my car dealer, to get a Porsche 911 and pay a Smart.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Reading a few of these posts disturbed me. First of all, for the passenger who said the thing about the human head in the First Class cabin...come on! What sort of fantasy is that? First of all, do you think we don't get paperwork on exactly who is supposed to be in the First Class cabin? of COURSE we do..and we do NOT just upgrade people. We are not allowed to, especially for such a long flight. Why do you think its so expensive? We are only catered for the proper number of first class passengers, etc. Also, we have extremely strict rules about human remains/organ transport. There are laws regarding that sort of thing. NO flight crew would EVER believe the cooler thing. Gimme a break!

Also, PLEASE do NOT ask the FA's to upgrade you to those "empty" First Class seats. If you ask, the answer will be no. It happens to me all the time and I have to explain that its just not something we do...although I will upgrade a service man in uniform. They are always welcome to an empty First class seat on my flights. I always check with them to be sure they are enroute for their job and not just pleasure travel...but if they are, come on up!
OK, I might have exaggerated a tiny bit about the "HUMAN HEAD" but, you didn't deny the CCTV set-up so the 1st class passengers can watch the coach passengers suffer in their dingy accommodations. I do know that you can gain admittance to 1st class by using the "secret" handshake (hand extended upside-down). There! The *** is up!

This is a picture I took on my last Trans-Pacific flight partying down with some of the crew up in 1st class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel