Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:08 PM

62 posts, read 251,735 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why some people are such pigs either. Even just little things, like we watched a young couple with a 2-3 year old eating popcorn, while standing in line waiting for a movie. The little boy kept dropping the popcorn on the floor. Did either parent pick up the popcorn? Or instruct him not to drop it? No, not until the kid had stepped all over it - then the mother "attempted" to pick it up. It would have been so much easier to pick up a couple of pieces than to try and pick up smashed to bits popcorn.

Slobs in a hotel room? And people wonder why they lost or left items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:48 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
a hotel room will have at least 100 unique visitors each year - of course there will be some slobs in there

also take into account vacation, business needs, people being over tired, etc ..... things happen

it's not unreasonable that someone would spill from a room service tray, drop and item, etc ....... those are things that all of us are guilty of, mistakes happen

so I think it's a combination of factors in a hotel

as for rental cars? - i think people just like beating them up for some reason

Old 05-22-2009, 04:09 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,672 times
Spill things on the carpets... ok. Mistakes happen, you're right. At home, however, I'm guessing most people will at least try to mop it up. No paper towels? Use tissues. If the spill is just left to dry, with the guest thinking, "pfft, housekeeping'll get it", it's too late. Stain is set.

I still have questions about how the carpets get ripped or sherdded or how people get stains on the walls and ceilings. The hotel I was in last week had purple splatter stains all up one wall. What the heck were they doing in there??? Or do I want to know ?

Old 05-23-2009, 01:56 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Exactly. I used to be a road warrior averaging 300 hotel nights a year. Yes, every now and then I dropped something. Accidents happen. When possible I cleaned up after myself. Sometimes it wasn't possible without doing more damage. (I wouldn't dream of using the white Frette towels to clean up the spilled Cola!) In that case I immediately called housekeeping and tipped them dearly for the cleanup.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:09 PM

179 posts, read 548,093 times
I work in a hotel. Guests are filthy, and I am obsessively clean. Thank God I'm not in housekeeping or I'd probably quit within the first 1/2 hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel