Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,486,175 times

Advertisements

That's actually a good idea. You could have barfed on him. It isn't that hard to barf if one really wants to, especially if you were served an airline meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 05:07 PM

309 posts, read 428,756 times
He was. Unfortunately there is no shortage of rude people these days. On a flight back from Puerta Vallarta a large woman sitting in the seat next to mine got upset with me because I wanted to put the arm rest down between us and put on my seatbelt which she was sitting on. She was taking up a good portion of my seat. She said, "you are pretty possesive about your seat" and I said, "we are required to wear our seatbelts". So I feel for ya!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,819,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post

Who was wrong in this situation, the man standing next to me for an hour or me?
You have a right to not be bothered. He is not supposed to be loitering in the aisle for extended periods of time, it is not allowed. He is supposed to be seated. And of course, this man is trash because he lacks basic common courteousy.

Your mistake was to address him directly. Call a flight attendant so that they will drag his ass back to his seat where he belongs Such people don't have basic manners.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,380,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
If someone is sitting in the aisle seat on an Commercial Airplane are they entitled to any personal space from people standing in the aisle next to them?

Here is my story:

I am sitting in the aisle seat on a wide body plane in a row of two people. The person sitting next to me is a stranger. A friend of his comes over to the area we are sitting in and stands next to me in the aisle and starts a long conversation with the man who is sitting next to me who is sitting in the window seat. The man standing in the aisle is inches from me and has his hands on my seat and is talking over me to speak to the man sitting next to me in the window seat.

I told him a number of times to move on and said he was being rude invading my person space. I was ignored repeatedly.

Who was wrong in this situation, the man standing next to me for an hour or me?
Next time call the Flight Attendent, its not only rude, but its a safety violation.
I can tell you I sure would not be quiet and I would have "accidently" kicked that person if they refused to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel