Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times

Advertisements

Me my boyfriend his brother and his girlfriend want to really get out of NYC for Memorial Day Weekend but don't know where to go.

The brother has been to Puerto Rico on Memorial Day before. Both brother's went to Santo Domingo two year's ago for Memorial Day. I went to South Beach for Memorial Day back in 2000 and it was a MAD house

Where else can two couples that want to relax, enjoy the sun, eat and go to have a couple drinks go for this time of the year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM

737 posts, read 2,588,183 times
Not trying to be funny... how about the roof? You've got clean restrooms, cheap drinks, food when you want it and "known" beds to sleep in. Just a thought. But I'm WAY cheap so always trying to find ways to chill out and not spend a lot of money.

Just the thought of dealing with air travel during a popular travel weekend, or any kind of travel, would make me enjoy the trip less. Just me. Of course, I'm jealous, NYC would be the third on my list of places to live, really live.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:30 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,473,128 times
Great suggestion! I never go anywhere on holiday weekends - it's just not worth the grief of being stuck in traffic or at an airport with 1000s of other people doing the same thing.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:03 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
On the 'east coast', I prefer to spend Memorial Day in DC at Arlington Cemetery. Not too crowded, except during Presidential speech and laying of wreath.

Tho I usually spend my holidays away from crowds.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 PM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
On the 'east coast', I prefer to spend Memorial Day in DC at Arlington Cemetery. Not too crowded, except during Presidential speech and laying of wreath.

Tho I usually spend my holidays away from crowds.
I think people should consider spending Memorial Day in a way that shows that they remember the US soldiers that died in order to preserve this country's freedom.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post
Not trying to be funny... how about the roof? You've got clean restrooms, cheap drinks, food when you want it and "known" beds to sleep in. Just a thought. But I'm WAY cheap so always trying to find ways to chill out and not spend a lot of money.

Just the thought of dealing with air travel during a popular travel weekend, or any kind of travel, would make me enjoy the trip less. Just me. Of course, I'm jealous, NYC would be the third on my list of places to live, really live.

Your funny thank you for a smile early in the a.m. sitting behind my desk at work. We actually do the roof thing in the summer when we want to get a serious SUNTAN we also do the rooftop thing on the 4th of July when we set off fireworks and get to watch the REAL ones being shot off the piers

Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
How about up around Cape Cod?? Out on Long Island..Montauk??
Are you looking to drive or fly and would it be for just the 3 days...this helps to narrow down suggestions

Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I think people should consider spending Memorial Day in a way that shows that they remember the US soldiers that died in order to preserve this country's freedom.
People remember them but that doesn't mean you have to spend the whole 3 day weekend brooding over them. They would not want that. They would want you to enjoy the freedom you have. Just put your flag out, decorate the graves and enjoy the rest of the day.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Default If You EVER Wanted To Do VEGAS Now Is The TIME!

I cannot believe the deals they have. Even some really good hotels for less than $100 a night. 2 star hotels for $45 a night! I also see nice discounts on show tickets and other things.
If you want to go to LV, now is the time if you are working class. Usually LV is only for the rich and the high rollers and with the economy now in recovery, good deals for Vegas will soon be gone.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
LV has always been the cheapest for the working class that I recall. It would be a great place but I would prefer a beach and getting reservations now might be tough really. cape cod will be a madhouse. Some of Flroida beaches maybe nice such as the destin area with the current recession.Its really nice this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel