Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 AM

1,534 posts, read 4,261,895 times

Advertisements

Sagres Portugal - the most beautiful beaches and cliffs I've ever seen. You do have to be part mountain goat to get to some of the beaches but its worth the effort!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 07:31 AM

1,534 posts, read 4,261,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I want to go back most places I have been to before but The Galapagos ( by sailboat again) would top my list as it is still the most special place I have ever been.

Then I would also love to go back to Oman ( especially the Coast) , Yemen , Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Mongolia, Lapland , Tuscany, Croatia, Turkey ( especially Istanbul and Cappadoccia) , Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guatemal, ( Mexico ( Yucatan archaeological sites) , Sri Lanka, Greenland etc... I never tire of North California ( well from Big Sur upwards and i adore SF area) and New England , or Brittany and the South-West of France either.

The only place I can think of I really have no desire to go back to is Amsterdam ( worst holiday I had, in fact only bad holiday I ever had in 42 years... ).
WOW! Mooseketeer, your travel record is awesome!!! We're relative newbies to traveling but some of your destinations really make my luggage itch. I'm sorry you had a bad experience in Amsterdam. We were there briefly last year and really enjoyed it (discounting the crazy bicycle mobs). My strategy evolved to using the water taxis for getting around and it solved the problem by skipping the crowded street scene. It helped a lot that we were on a river boat and didn't have to deal with the notorious Amsterdam hotel problems. Overall, it was an interesting visit and one we will likely repeat.
Happy travels!

Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,472,065 times
Japan-we got to see a lot of the middle, but I still want to visit Okinawa beaches and the mountains of the North. We didn't have time to visit the natural baths either, or many areas of Tokyo. And I love the food!

Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,474,247 times
I want to go back to Scotland and see more of the Highlands and this time actually stay on the Isle of Skye instead of taking the ferry (in the pouring rain), zipping around the coast road and coming off at the bridge.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,305,026 times
Actually, I would like to go back to New York City and finish where I left off. I was there for 10 days in '08, but arrived there right on time for the Nor'east storm, which inhibited my itinerary. And all those rains made the subways a literal sauna ~ I panicked (couldn't breathe) and had the police officer let me back out. Didn't do but a fraction of what I hoped to. But I thoroughly enjoyed the city and would like to give it another try, although I don't envision it happening too soon.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,987 times
I would like to drive the Alaskan Highway again. Only this time I would not have everything I own crammed in the car and would have all of the gears in the transmission working. Last time I drove it I did not have second gear. Was quite the adventure.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:41 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,878 times
Bluesmama - if you go to NYC again you might like riding the City Bus instead of the subway. That's what we have done when we visited both in 09 and 10. You can see so much that way and they are the same price as the subway. They have cross town and south north routes. We rode one up to the Natural History Museum. Then the next day we took one across 42nd street to the Pier 64 (I think it was) where the Circle line tours board for trips on the Hudson and the East Rivers. We are both Seniors so it is half price for us. The bus that is.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:58 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,144 times
Alaska. GOD, I want to go to Alaska again.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:07 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Which place would you like to visit again the most, and why?
Key West. I loved everything about it, even the heat and humidity (It was August). It's got to be the best place on earth.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-05-2010, 08:43 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,942 times
VERMONT!!!! i have to go back to vermont!!! i wish i could be sponsored by the state of vermont since i support it soo much!! it's just the most gorgeous, pristine, peaceful, calm, tranquil, not too hot or too cold , it's just perfect!! I have to go back!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel