Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM

5 posts, read 7,895 times

Advertisements

Hi! I will be moving to Pasco next week. I am fresh from Southeast Asia, but I am staying in Salt Lake City, UT for a couple of weeks before I get flown to Pasco.

Since, I will be establishing roots in Pasco. Will a Sedan do to drive around Pasco? Not familiar with how icy the roads can be, or should I opt to getting a small SUV? Since I am just starting, I was hoping a Honda Civic would do just fine for me. And where is the best car dealer that won't chop off my arm and leg when I do get a car. Maybe something similar to Carmax, but I am also open to getting a brand new vehicle, since I know I will use it for years.

And for mobile network, what's the best? I am choosing between Verizon or ATT. What's the network with the best coverage?

Appreciate all the help! Also keen on making new friends, since I'm new. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM

33 posts, read 117,892 times
I would recommend US Cellular for phone service, but whatever you do, dont go with ATT. Honda Civic will do just fine around here all year long. You will not have any problems with that. Some roads will be icy, but the Civic will handle them without any problems. As far as car dealerships, good luck with that - lol ;-). Get your negoitating skills ready and take your time. Walk out a few times and don't get rushed into or infulenced by the 4 squares thing.

Welcome to Pasco!!! Hope you enjoy it here.

Last edited by SamIamNot; 10-22-2012 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Added welcome

Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 PM

541 posts, read 1,735,622 times
If you want a car to do better on snowy roads (not icy) check for a car with front wheel drive.

Also best of luck when moving to Pasco and I hope you enjoy your time!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:35 PM

Hey, thank you for that. A Honda Civic will just be perfect then... Just hope I get a good deal when I'm buying one.

Alright, will check US Cellular and Verizon as well too. Thanks!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:48 PM

541 posts, read 1,735,622 times
Honda Civics will be easy to find and on sale cheap. There will be hundreds of choices around the Tri-Cities (Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland).

Old 10-23-2012, 03:04 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,539,568 times
I'm premature as far as saying I'm gonna live in the Tri-Cities but I am on the phone today(earlier and later on this evening) interviewing for a full-time job in the home healthcare industry. I was born in Seattle, raised in Edmonds and love the Seattle Seahawks, put up with the Seattle Mariners and can't wait for the Seattle Sonics to return. I'm hearing that Chris Hansen is doing well as far as getting a new stadium for NBA basketball underway.

I drive a FWD 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS so I will be fine for having an appropriate automobile, which is fantastic. Not really prepared to trade in for another one at this time. I'd be happy to come here to live and work, I'm also interviewing for a job in sunny Omak, WA, today. Big day!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:46 PM

Apparently didn't impress or pissed off either the boss there or her boss, because she (the manager) told me she was gonna call me back and she didn't. Oh well. I'll keep looking. The job search market is...very odd right now. It's beyond just being an employer's market. It's odd beyond that. Really stupid, AAMOF. Dumber than a doornail.

Pittsburgh Stealer-ish.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Apparently didn't impress or pissed off either the boss there or her boss, because she (the manager) told me she was gonna call me back and she didn't. Oh well. I'll keep looking. The job search market is...very odd right now. It's beyond just being an employer's market. It's odd beyond that. Really stupid, AAMOF. Dumber than a doornail.

Pittsburgh Stealer-ish.

Aaaaw... Hope you get a job here soon... So far, so good taking the bus right now to work. Will rent a car this coming weekend so I can go around and look at what the tri cities has to offer for a single mom like me. Work is okay, just have to do a lot of walking from my apartment to work.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:59 PM

Update...dunta..dunta..dunta...dun....the job is apparently still available. I e-mailed the manager there in Kennewick and she said the reason she didn't get back ta me was not because she didn't want to further interview me but that she was just swamped and didn't have time. Yahoo!!

YAHHOOOO!

I would love ta live in the Tri-Cities. I was born in Seattle, raised in Edmonds and a huge Seahawks fan and Seattle Sonics fan, and David Stern is apparently trying to convince the Maloof brothers to sell the Sacramento Kings to Chris Hansen and his Seattle group of investors. Thank you, David.

Now help with your connections in any way you can to get our Sonics back! And hopefully I'll be back in Washington state living and working. I'm in Coeur d' Alene, ID, right now. It's nice but not the same as home. Gotta get back home!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:03 PM

So now the research shall continue about Kennewick and surroundings. I don't really know that much about the Tri-Cities, even though I grew up in the Seattle area. Tell me all about this area. I don't know if I'll get the job but I sure hope I will. I would be about, what, 250 miles from Seattle? I'll have ta Mapquest that to see about how far from my favorite city I woud be.

OK, Mapquest done. Downtown Kennewick is 238 miles or 3 hours, 55 minutes (figure 4 hours here) from Edmonds, WA. Yikes. Quite a distance ta go. But do-able ta go watch a Tragically Hip show or go see a Sonic's game. Now that we have the support of David Stern we will be getting back our Seattle Supersonics. They were stolen from us. And yes, that was a crime and completely wrong of David Stern ta support. YUKKO WITH A CAPITAL Y!

Last edited by elkotronics; 11-03-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities