Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 14,348 times

Advertisements

Im moving there in a couple months, Fiancee is working there now. We are looking to buy a house and would love to hear recommendations from people there. Looking at Richland,Kennewick.but open to others. Also, how i weather, crime, tips on buying houses? No FLoods right? THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 AM

92 posts, read 473,509 times
My good friend lives there. She lives in West Pasco in a new area. Very Nice. She says parts of Pasco are not so nice. Richland and Kennewick you can't go wrong with.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:27 PM

5 posts, read 43,651 times
I agree on Richland and Kennewick being the nicest parts of the Tri-Cities. A few Pasco natives I know use every chance they get to bag on their hometown.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM

223 posts, read 1,275,267 times
I have friends that live in West Pasco and like it just fine. I grew up in Kennewick, but haven't spent any time there for 30 years, so I can't make any specific recommendations. I just hope you like wind and dust.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 AM

46 posts, read 230,556 times
Default Horn Rapids - Richland

Hello

We moved here to the Horn Rapids area of Richland a month ago and absolutely LOVE it. We moved from sunny So Cal but so far the weather has been just fine. The people without exception have been terrific.
The negative is Horn Rapids is a bit out in the boonies but not that bad.Although it is early we are very happy that we came here to Richland

ROn House

Old 10-17-2007, 06:40 PM

216 posts, read 1,006,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleborn View Post
Richland and Kennewick you can't go wrong with.
Not so much.
Kennewick and Richland each have their good and bad areas.
Stay away from East Pasco, East Kennewick and Central Richland and West Richland around Van Giesen.
Generally anywhere else is good.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 AM

17,218 posts, read 57,092,976 times
Depends on what you want. You could consider Benton City and surrounds if you like the country. There are a lot of 1940's houses in Richland proper that have been remodeled in every conceivable way, some very nicely preserved, some tastefully updated, some in poor condition, some redone in ways that are not to my taste. If you look around the area you will find everything from mobile homes out in the sticks, to very nice farmettes, to condos, and to $1M houses in gated communities. The weather is pretty much uniform from Walla Walla to Yakima, almost a Mediterranian type summer, with a mild-ish winter. Some years we get serious snow, some winters no snow at all.

If you get right next to the river, yeah, you can have flooding problems, (and bugs in the summer) what did you expect? You can actually live right on the East bank of the Columbia, it's pretty steep and you can be up beyond the 1000-year flood line yet still throw a rock from your back porch and hit the water with it, if that's your thing. Expect to pay more for these locations than you would for something less picturesque though.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 PM

46 posts, read 230,556 times
We are now on our second month here in Richland and still love it. We live in Horn Rapids area but have seen some great areas and West Richland (out near the bombing range) seems very nice. There are not a lot of very nice restaurants but enough to get by. Biggest complaint is the lack of a lot of good medical care...especially if you are retired and on medicare. Otehrwise we would never move back to SoCal.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:31 PM

154 posts, read 926,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron House View Post
We are now on our second month here in Richland and still love it. We live in Horn Rapids area but have seen some great areas and West Richland (out near the bombing range) seems very nice. There are not a lot of very nice restaurants but enough to get by. Biggest complaint is the lack of a lot of good medical care...especially if you are retired and on medicare. Otehrwise we would never move back to SoCal.
Ron

What do you mean by lack of good medical care? There are three hospitals here in the tri-cities and it seems like everywhere I go I see medical offices. I am not disagreeing with you, I am just asking because I also just moved here.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 13,988 times
Default Lack of alot of good medical care

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkermoo View Post
Ron

What do you mean by lack of good medical care? There are three hospitals here in the tri-cities and it seems like everywhere I go I see medical offices. I am not disagreeing with you, I am just asking because I also just moved here.
Original I refer to: Ron House

Anyone please correct the following, if I'm wrong.

For any medical ailment, *excluding major surgery/emergency (comment separate): You must see at least see 5 doctor's (MD & above) to find 2 at least competent.
Following explains 5 doctors/med, bad to good...
>1/5- Are so fraudulent (not necessarily incompetent) you wish you had the resources to stop (revoke license &/or more, monetary-etc) him.
>2/5 (incl 1 previous)- 2nd not intentional (but just as, legally) fraud/negligent, however knows/thinks their extremely negligent care/treatment is acceptable because piers here- same standards (Why same standards/practices? Not appropriate this forum)
...Going with the flow... & medicare/welfare medical care can be difficult for all parties in most of these United States of America.
> 3/5 (incl 2 previous)- Same as 2/5, but can't really prove as many of them legally guilty... Some of those better at knowing how much time they can bill/waste.
> 4/5 (= 2 of 5 doctors, but includes previous 3)Mostly honest, trustworthy & will properly refer (Not scam refer) you for your actual need, that doesn't mean the md they referred didn't recently get bought out & is now member of 3/5 bad.

> 5/5 (this one= 1 of 5 doctors/med)- Knows their stuff, is able & will actually provides good &/or better care.

*Major surgery &/or emergency: If you don't have personal experience, just research how many & what type patients are sent Seattle-Spokane areas.

<> Good news? Because I really believe the med care here is at least that poor, I also believe it can & will improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities