Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,498 times

Advertisements

When we moved here we researched the schools and got all the rumors of Richland, Pasco and Kennewick. Kennewick's crime rate was much higher and Richland seemed to be its own entity. It was funny how over the internet Richland was spoke of as being more prestigous, although our first drive into Richland and its homes gave us a much different impression. I have come to the conclusion that because Richland has hanford (huge job market) they are put on a higher pedistal? Pasco was the only place where you could live right on the water. It is beautiful here. Every City had its pro's and con's but we have been very pleased with Pasco and its Schools. They have just as much opportunity for a good student than Richland or Kennewick! I personally like all of the Tri-Cities and most of the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 08:38 PM

371 posts, read 1,761,759 times
Downtown Richland doesnt have very nice homes, they look like Downtown Pasco's and East Kennewick. What people refer to are places like Horn Rapids, areas of Queensgate and the no mans land between Richland and Ken. I live in Pasco and agree, it is nothing like the way it is painted.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:11 PM

21 posts, read 130,585 times
Sure, Pasco has its really yucky areas that I'd never enter. But the western part has arguably the largest and most magnificent houses in all of TC perched above the river. Can't argue w/ that.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:58 AM

4 posts, read 31,176 times
I lived in pasco for like 3 months during that time I was on alot of meth! let me tell you that was one of the weridest experiences in my life! i walked all over that city and parts of richland! I saw alot and did alot of things that were great! It was really alot more fun then I ever had in any of the towns in oregon below tri cities! so I guess pasco is a good place if you need somewhere to sort of walk things out and figure out what your gonna do next...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 12,595 times
Default Pasco isn't what people make it out to be!

[quote=criccy;4538012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang34 View Post
OK I'm not saying this is universal but I still hear it a lot. Why do people seem to hate Pasco? Sure it has its problems but its not as bad as some people seem to think it is. Just surf through some of the T-C threads and you will see what I mean. It annoys me when I hear these insults about my hometown!

Maybe people diss Pasco because they have had terrible experiences there. Pasco has a bad reputation, thats nothing new.

I have to agree with you one this one. Majority of the people who diss Pasco do and have had bad experiences here! I've lived in the West Pasco (over by road 68) area for 2 1/2 years. My family and I are over it, from gang banger kids harrassing my children to my property and vehicles being damaged. I've had police officers tell me we are in the wrong part of town. People are friendly, but it just depends on who and if they are willing to give up a friendly smile or nod! After 2 1/2 years, we're outta here. No looking back!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:43 PM

215 posts, read 878,104 times
^Sorry to hear your experience was a bad one. I live in the Road 100 area and I can honestly say I've never lived in a better neighborhood in my entire life. Granted, this is a little bit higher-end, but we have the best sense of community I've ever seen. We have a yearly block party, kids playing all over the place, neighbors helping neighbors...it's like something out of a movie.

I will NEVER leave this area of Pasco. And I've lived in Richland and Kennewick.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:14 PM

15 posts, read 30,356 times
I live out by the mall of the south richland area and from like all the squeaky clean , rich white people i mean we live in a 'white town' that and that part of kennewick has gotten more corporate and californicated . Its annoying .but treat pasco no different were the tri cities we should stick together and respect eachother equally

Old 02-25-2012, 11:18 PM

15 posts, read 30,356 times
Smile soooo true

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe1 View Post
Sure, Pasco has its really yucky areas that I'd never enter. But the western part has arguably the largest and most magnificent houses in all of TC perched above the river. Can't argue w/ that.
definatly i have seen some really nice houses by the river
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities