Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM

18 posts, read 25,659 times

Advertisements

I am a single male thinking of moving to the Tri Cities from Miami FL, Is there anything to do there or is Saturday night just a bunch of dead beats playing pool. Are there any opportunities for a social life, and for dating?. One thing that alarms me about this community is the high number of sex offenders?
I am not into hunting and fishing, but play golf and tennis. Is the Tri Cities desirable for a single retiree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 01:01 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Well, yes and no. Not much of a night-life scene. There are good golf courses and weather conducive to playing. Horn Rapids subdivision is built around a golf course, if you are a rugged individualist who likes a HOA type community. There is another golf community near the Pasco airport, main airport for the Tri.

I think you will find dating OK here if you are say over 50. You can do OLD and look at this area.

Tri-Cities is a fairly good retirement destination. You might try a guided trip for steelhead fishing, if you get a good keeper steelhead and cook it anything like right, you may decide maybe fishing is something you want to do.

I'm not certain about sex offenders. I have read that public urination can get you on that list, so I would take it with a grain of salt. I don't think the sex offenders would bother older guys like us, too many people around here have CCW and are packing heat.

But, yeah, it ain't Miami, not by a long shot.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:10 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova1967 View Post
I am a single male thinking of moving to the Tri Cities from Miami FL, Is there anything to do there or is Saturday night just a bunch of dead beats playing pool. Are there any opportunities for a social life, and for dating?. One thing that alarms me about this community is the high number of sex offenders?
I am not into hunting and fishing, but play golf and tennis. Is the Tri Cities desirable for a single retiree?
Tri Cities will be boring after Miami as far as a party scene. Of course there is dating and social life available but I think not great for younger people especially younger males. Tri Cities crime rate will be far lower than Miami, the sex offender list I've never heard of and wouldn't worry about unless you have young children.

Tri Cities has good golfing and decent tennis available. Also great bike trails and boating on the river. I would say a bit above average as a retiree destination.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:02 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
To echo others here, Tri-Cities is not a big nightlife area. In fact, it is quite dead in that regard. The area is not a big singles area, it tends to be more of a family area.

That said, it has a nice climate with lots of sunshine and dry heat in the summer. So golf and tennis are indeed good to go.

You said you are a retiree...if you are of that age you might be in the company of many others, myself included. The area is known as being a good retirement area due to the relatively low cost of living, sunshine, and usually mild winters. (However we had that once in a decade snow event earlier this year, and it was bad).

The sex offender list is not really a thing here. I don't think per capita it is any higher than most other areas. However, there have been a couple of notable offenders, which of course can happen anywhere.

Overall, the area has been growing big-time for the past decade or so. New construction everywhere. But still relatively affordable compared to Seattle, Portland, and even Boise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
View detailed profiles of: