Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times

Advertisements

Anyone following this case? I didn't see a thread about here at C-D.

While her lies about what happened make it seem like she did it, it does seem a bit odd to me that the attack was so violent. The best explanation I can come up with for that is that her first attempt to kill him did not work, so it led her to keep using different methods until he was finally dead.

I think they are speculating that she stabbed him in the chest first, but it didn't kill him, so she then shot him. I guess I don't know how the stabs in his upper back and across his neck figure in to this scenario.

Like I said, given that she is someone without any known history of aggressive or violent behavior, I find it a bit amazing that this girl would do all of this.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 PM

993 posts, read 2,292,236 times
She is trying to claim self-defense. I've never heard of anyone slitting someone's throat in self defense. She's said that no jury will convict her. I think she's a nut case

Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
I saw her on tv today, asking if the check she wrote for the BMW was going to be cashed! Stop it!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post

While her lies about what happened make it seem like she did it, it does seem a bit odd to me that the attack was so violent. The best explanation I can come up with for that is that her first attempt to kill him did not work, so it led her to keep using different methods until he was finally dead.

I think they are speculating that she stabbed him in the chest first, but it didn't kill him, so she then shot him. I guess I don't know how the stabs in his upper back and across his neck figure in to this scenario.

Like I said, given that she is someone without any known history of aggressive or violent behavior, I find it a bit amazing that this girl would do all of this.
Yes I am following that case.

It seems that the killer employed "overkill" as a method of murder. This is most often found when a killer knows and once was involved with the victim.
"Overkill" meaning that more violence was employed than was needed to murder the victim.

She is a very interesting but despicable individual. The absence of any past violent behavior is both unusual and troubling. Her anger and hatred are frightening.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 AM

19 posts, read 65,324 times
I've been watching the trial religiously daily. True about her anger. But it annoys me when the reporters/attorneys like Nancy Grace are painting Travis Alexander to be a saint. Noone knows the full story. His friends say he called Jodi a stalker, yet he continued to have sex with her. He didn't deserve to be slaughtered that way but it seems he led her on.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercsi1 View Post
His friends say he called Jodi a stalker, yet he continued to have sex with her. He didn't deserve to be slaughtered that way but it seems he led her on.
This is an aspect that bothers me as well. I can definitely envision a scenario in which this guy knew he would not marry her, maybe even realized she was a bit nuts, but since the sex was hot, he kept calling her to come around, but then got upset when she wasn't OK with it being just sex.

Regardless of his culpability in that area, she still shouldn't have killed the guy. She should have been smart enough to realize that they wanted different things, and left to find a guy who wanted what she wanted.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Murderers don't think very rationally, especially when romance is involved.

I don't know if she is guilty or not, but I think Nancy Grace will probably screw it all up. She has a marvelous record for getting the outcome wrong, and her inflammatory speech serves no good purpose for justice.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post

Well the attack could of been a blitz and that melee is common in a situation involving crimes of passion.

OR

She could of been torturing him to death by avoiding a quick kill (sexual sadist's common tactic)

OR

Lack of experience made her a crappy killer. You really have to have some knowledge on how to use a knife in a lethal way. Just stabbing someone usually won't kill them unless you hit something vital and depending on the area it still takes time to bleed out. So he could of came at her and she just kept stabbing at him until he was too weak to fight and then started to try other tactics to kill him.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
Yeah she's a piece of work all right.

Skipped the bunny and went straight for the guy.

Guilty as SIN in my book, and thank God it's on film otherwise she may well have got away with it.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Jodi Arias is scarier than most gang bangers for sure. I am not so sure she deserves the death penalty though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime