Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 AM

168 posts, read 308,164 times

Advertisements

hi, im looking for any answers that might exist on my friend. he didnt show any real signs until it was too late to stop the murders. if anyone has any background or interest in behavior or profiling id like to email you and give you the details. please DM me on this forum and ill email as soon as i can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 AM

175 posts, read 750,605 times
hard to tell what your are talking about from that post but schizophrinia does not show up in most people until their mid twenties

Old 01-24-2011, 10:43 AM

im wanting to do all of this through email so im not putting a families personal life all over the internet. but to reply, he isnt skitzophrenic.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:02 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccornewell View Post
im wanting to do all of this through email so im not putting a families personal life all over the internet. but to reply, he isnt skitzophrenic.
A member of my family had 'problems/issues' which led to substance abuse and incarceration. There are many theories---HLN devotes many hours to analyzing behavior/profiling, fwiw. If you found 20 or 100 or 1,000 experts you would probably get varied opinions. In many cases there seems to be a biological/genetic cause often exacerbated by relationships within the family.
ie--the 10 yr old boy that shot/killed his mother

I wish you well.

As for my own family member I will always believe that family dysfunction greatly impacted this young man.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,770,327 times
I'm not sure what you're asking us for, ccornewell.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM

someone i have known for many years growing up was involved in a double murder. looking back, there were very few signs until right before the incident. from what ive read theres usually more signs before things like this happen. im wondering what could make his anger manifest so late in life instead of during puberty or early teens. i was hoping for someone with knowledge or experience in the to pm me so i wouldnt put everyones lives out in the open with details in a public forum.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:47 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
someone i have known for many years growing up was involved in a double murder. looking back, there were very few signs until right before the incident. from what ive read theres usually more signs before things like this happen. im wondering what could make his anger manifest so late in life instead of during puberty or early teens. i was hoping for someone with knowledge or experience in the to pm me so i wouldnt put everyones lives out in the open with details in a public forum.
I don't think you will ever have a satisfying answer.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:27 PM

24,128 posts, read 32,512,221 times
His "early twenties", is not exactly "late in life." As Iambernathy, posted, many thought disorders such as schizophrenia, paranoid schizophrenia, and major mood disturbances such as bi-polar disorder are first evidenced in late adolescence or early adult hood.

If you want answers for yourself, you might be interested in enrolling in some psychology or criminal justice courses at a local community college, if you are not in school.

You also might want to talk to a counselor yourself. It can be hard to deal with knowing someone who committed a serious crime.
I doubt that any professional would analyze your acquaintance over the internet.

Sometimes an event like this opens one up to interests and passions that you never knew you had.
Perhaps you would be interested in a career in Criminal Justice or Psychology?
Who knows?

Best of luck to you.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,955,121 times
Quote:
Severe mental illness doesn't manifest until late teens and 20's.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 PM

29 posts, read 110,434 times
What is he showing signs of? Mental illness, sociopathic personality, psychotic personality, or deviant personality? I'm not getting what you are talking about unless you say what he's showing signs of what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime